Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope this doesn't impact us in July, if it's Martinique that's quite close to the central area isn't it, wouldn't want to be walking past a building site each day and will ask to be moved.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMermaid
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're booked here for Sept/Oct.. be interesting to see what the damage is.. I think if it's too disruptive I might have to see about moving to another resort
MinnieMermaid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Hope this doesn't impact us in July, if it's Martinique that's quite close to the central area isn't it, wouldn't want to be walking past a building site each day and will ask to be moved.
if you are in martinque you are right next to OPR (we were there in July) and afaik theres no work going on there at all.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
clandestinegir
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

We are there in November, I'm sure it will be fine. It's a big resort and each section is easy self contained. They where doing room referbs last time we were there and wouldn't have known if it hadn't of been mentioned.
It be honest I'm hoping it's DVC if it is I will happily deal with the odd bit of distribution in November lol
Old 22 Jan 17, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We are booked in for September, so will be watching out for any updates on the Dibb.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I hope someone has some news soon.
I am going in June and I am now worried I have made the wrong hotel choice.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We've stayed at CBR twice and think it's lovely.

We've also stayed at other WDW hotels that have been undergoing construction, and honestly, they keep it really well contained and it's likely you wouldn't even know it was happening unless you look for it.

If it does become too disruptive, history has shown that WDW is likely to take steps to move guests or compensate.

I really wouldn't worry
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

The thing that bothers me with this is, it does have the potential to be noisy and disruptive once it starts.
I've never been bothered by refurbs, they normally do a block at a time & is normally just a lick of paint & furnishings/furniture in and out.

This work involves knocking down Barbados village & possibly part of Martinique.(Someone has posted a map showing buildings to be removed on Disboards-I'm assuming they've seen plans)

Anyway, with knocking down buildings and building big buildings, comes noise & possibly dust.

It isn't known when the demolition of Barbados will start, but, my worry is if it's taking place when we're on holiday, it has the potential to spoil pool time of we can here it from whatever village we're in. Also we don't know what time in the morning work will begin.

I'm keeping a close eye on this one and may think about moving to POR/POFQ if there's availability for my dates.
The problem is none of us will really know how it will affect us until we're there as I'm guessing noise levels could change from week to week.
Those that are there in June may come back & say it's fine, no noise and we think phew - those going in July may tell a different story. 😳
I love this resort, but think this work will put me off booking CBR for next year. 🙁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
The thing that bothers me with this is, it does have the potential to be noisy and disruptive once it starts.
I've never been bothered by refurbs, they normally do a block at a time & is normally just a lick of paint & furnishings/furniture in and out.

This work involves knocking down Barbados village & possibly part of Martinique.(Someone has posted a map showing buildings to be removed on Disboards-I'm assuming they've seen plans)

Anyway, with knocking down buildings and building big buildings, comes noise & possibly dust.

It isn't known when the demolition of Barbados will start, but, my worry is if it's taking place when we're on holiday, it has the potential to spoil pool time of we can here it from whatever village we're in. Also we don't know what time in the morning work will begin.

I'm keeping a close eye on this one and may think about moving to POR/POFQ if there's availability for my dates.
The problem is none of us will really know how it will affect us until we're there as I'm guessing noise levels could change from week to week.
Those that are there in June may come back & say it's fine, no noise and we think phew - those going in July may tell a different story. 😳
I love this resort, but think this work will put me off booking CBR for next year. 🙁
I think they would offer to move guests to a different moderate / offer discounted upgrades in that scenario. Not that I am in WDW management
Old 22 Jan 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DD and BF have booked for October staying in a pirate room (first time visit for BF ) they have'nt been informed about any possible work going on don't want them to be disappointed.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread