Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

Question How Great Is Disney's PO French Quarter?

Just wondering who has stayed at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter and why you loved it. Assuming you did !
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov

Edited at 01:14 PM.
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

I stay here every time we go for me it's the best. Everything is so close to the reception pool and food court! There's also only one bus stop so your not on it ages, sometimes the bus (if not full) will go to por but that's only every now and then. It's also so quiet here I just love it😍😍
Old 19 Jan 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

We've been twice and love it so much can't imagine staying at any other Disney resort, including the deluxe resorts. It's a beautiful hotel and we loved the location of it, whereby none of the parks were very far away so travel time to and from were fab. The hotel backs on to the Sassagoula River where you can get the boat to Disney Springs which was a huge plus for us. Dibber Andre has a web site portorleans which has loads of info, photos and video of both POR hotels.
Old 19 Jan 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We loved it. Really nice and small, so everything is close and easy if you need to pop to the room.

Kids loved pool.

One bus stop was great.

We will definitely consider it for future visits.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

We really liked POFQ too (but not quite as much as AKL with a savannah view!) Seriously though I would happily return to POFQ if we were staying in a moderate. I loved the 'feel' of it and the fact that it is a small resort so all rooms are convenient for the food court/swimming pool/shop etc. We don't like the sprawling layout of a lot of the resorts - I don't want to feel I have to use the car to get a drink/snack.
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Love pofq everything is close by and the grounds are lovely. It is also nice to be able to get on the boat to Disney springs. The horse and carriage ride from por round pofq is nice as well. First time we went we stayed at the all stars and I was nervous about booking pofq ,booked it with free dining. Loved it so much we are going back this year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

We stayed last year and loved it so much we have booked to go back this year. It's very compact and has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. You can also go next door to POR and use the more extensive facilities there if you wish so it's the best of both worlds really. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else now

Edited at 09:37 PM.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

sadly, not for us as a couple. We thought it was okay but nothing special. We did like the boats to Downtown Disney and that was about it. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

This is nice to read... 13 weeks today, we will be staying there ! Cannot wait!
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Loved it last year so much we are going back this year.
Loved the size, the general feel of the place. Basically the resort is like a small village with streets called cake walk etc. The jazz music that is played throughout the resort is really nice too. Oh and the smell in the reception is amazing. Its magnolia and something else. Love the place and dont really feel like trying anywhere else onsite.