Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jan 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

My ADR list. Opinions please

Please could you glance your eyes over my ADR list. Anyone got any must avoids or other suggestions. We are myself, DH,and 2 DS's 10 and 6 both of whom are quite fussy eaters. We have 15 TS credits each and as eldest DS is an adult, plan to do 3 signatures using some of his adult credits and pay for 2 of the signatures OOP as he will only eat a cheap kids meal.
We have
Crystal palace Breakfast
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
BOG breakfast (QS)
Coral Reef Lunch
Cali Grill Brunch
Planet Hollywood
Tuskers (ROL package)
Mamma Melrose (Fantasmic package)
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's
Teppan Edo
Sci Fi dine in
Big River Grill (anyone been to this one?)
Cape May
I'd love to go somewhere like Jiko but the boys will just not eat anything:-( Have I missed any hidden gems?
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Planet Hollywood..poor... Ohana is awesome..Check it out..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have also got planet Hollywood booked but still waiting to see if it will be on the DDP.
We eat dinner at tusker house and due to the different spices etc (nothing plain) my children could not eat anything, they hated it and to be honest so did me and my husband it just was not to our taste so we would not go back there.
Your other options look fab. We did also love o'hana's and I know tepan edo gets really good reviews but my children do not want to go there due to the menu
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Planet Hollywood..poor... Ohana is awesome..Check it out..
What is your PH opinion based on? The new venue has not opened yet so think it's too early to be able to judge unless basing on the previous restaurant. I would be tempted to book and cancel nearer the time based on feedback and reviews after it has opened and been operating for a while.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
Please could you glance your eyes over my ADR list. Anyone got any must avoids or other suggestions. We are myself, DH,and 2 DS's 10 and 6 both of whom are quite fussy eaters. We have 15 TS credits each and as eldest DS is an adult, plan to do 3 signatures using some of his adult credits and pay for 2 of the signatures OOP as he will only eat a cheap kids meal.
We have
Crystal palace Breakfast
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
BOG breakfast (QS)
Coral Reef Lunch
Cali Grill Brunch
Planet Hollywood
Tuskers (ROL package)
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's
Teppan Edo
Sci Fi dine in
Cape May
I'd love to go somewhere like Jiko but the boys will just not eat anything:-( Have I missed any hidden gems?
Looks like a good mix. Ohanas gets a lot of reviews on here. Not been so going to try this year, along with Sanna. Personally we did not like CM and were somewhat disappointed with food (and how far away from our table the buffet was located) at TH.

However, for everybody who says to change one thing somebody will suggest something else. Good luck with booking/ we start ours next Saturday.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
We have
Crystal palace Breakfast
Chef Mickeys Breakfast
BOG breakfast (QS)
Coral Reef Lunch
Cali Grill Brunch
Planet Hollywood
Tuskers (ROL package)
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's
Teppan Edo
Sci Fi dine in
Cape May
From your list we've eaten at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, BOG (breakfast) and Teppan Edo. We enjoyed every meal and would go back.

We have also eaten at Planet Hollywood before the big change (we enjoyed it but I bet it's even better now!).
Old 22 Jan 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Interestingly FloridaTilly Teppan Edo was on our list of 'must do again' from our last visit, as requested by our fussy boys. They loved the meat, we asked for it plain, and my youngest enjoyed the noodles too. They mainly ate meat because I didn't know you could ask for plain boiled rice for them but still loved it and wanted to go back. Planet Hollywood and Big River grill ( I don't think I have ever seen a review of this) were the ones I was most worried about and we have considered Ohana's it was on the possibles list. Does anyone know if you can get the meat plain or does it come with sauces on it? I guess I could book Ohana and Planet hollywood for the same session as Planet Hollywood can be booked directly and wait for some reviews when it reopens and then cancel one close to the time. Or I could swap Big River grill.. decisions decisions. I really fancied the Calamari at Cape May, has anyone had a good meal there?
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Great list, just a few suggestions if you haven't thought about them.
Boma at AKL
Ohana at Polynesian
Via Napoli at Epcot

Have fun planning
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List