Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mswanda
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Do you find out your room allocation?

Hi all

There was a loud crash this morning as the disney tickets fell on the doormat! hooray!

Quick 1, has anyone found out where about they are located in their resort prior to going?

Am staying at CBR and wondered if we will find out before check in?

Any ideas?

Mswanda
Old 21 Jan 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Generally no. You'll find out at check in. My parents were emailed their room number at Bay Lake Towers last year however they had declined Magic Bands at online check in as they had some from our stay at OKW. My sister and I didn't decline the MBs and weren't emailed our room number so I'm assuming that was the reason.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed at CBR last summer and only found out when we checked in, it's all part of the surprise!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

In all likelihood all accommodation will be on check in.

Giving people room numbers gives them expectations. If you have a problem that can't be resolved before the next arrival, eg maintenance issues, current guest fails to vacate, extend or is just late means you often have to move bookings.

We have 20 arrivals/departures per day (not many compared to Disney&#128514 but we frequently have to move bookings. You'd be amazed at the mess some people leave behind, breakages or they just don't leave!

If we give people their room numbers before arriving the get incredibly agitated if they are not given this room!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
In all likelihood all accommodation will be on check in.

Giving people room numbers gives them expectations. If you have a problem that can't be resolved before the next arrival, eg maintenance issues, current guest fails to vacate, extend or is just late means you often have to move bookings.

We have 20 arrivals/departures per day (not many compared to Disney&#128514 but we frequently have to move bookings. You'd be amazed at the mess some people leave behind, breakages or they just don't leave!

If we give people their room numbers before arriving the get incredibly agitated if they are not given this room!
But Disney do this though for US guests who get their Magic Bands posted out to them. If they do OLCI they can have their room number emailed or texted to them and they can bypass check in all together. We just don't get that perk because we have to collect our MBs which is why i think they emailed Dad his room number at BLT. He already had MBs and declined the new ones so no need to go to reception at all.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
But Disney do this though for US guests who get their Magic Bands posted out to them. If they do OLCI they can have their room number emailed or texted to them and they can bypass check in all together. We just don't get that perk because we have to collect our MBs which is why i think they emailed Dad his room number at BLT. He already had MBs and declined the new ones so no need to go to reception at all.
Maybe US guests are more patient

When the magic bands are sent our they're preprogrammed aren't they? So the room number would already be assigned, this is not the case for overseas guests which would allow wriggle room I guess otherwise why not tell everyone?
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

We didn't decline MB's and I still got an email to tell me what room we were in (last year at Coronado Springs and the year before at POR). However, since my internet was switched off I didn't get the email until we had checked in anyway and I got connected to the wifi.
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Maybe US guests are more patient

When the magic bands are sent our they're preprogrammed aren't they? So the room number would already be assigned, this is not the case for overseas guests which would allow wriggle room I guess otherwise why not tell everyone?
The magic bands are just programmed to identify you. They can update your account with room Information at anytime.

I didn't think they would give you a room number until the room was empty and cleaned. They don't want you going in while the previous guests are still there or the cleaners are still working.

We've been given key cards and magic bands early in the morning often. But we have had to phone for the actual room number later in the day.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I thought you only got the room number when they knew it was definitely yours, ie quite close or at the point it was ready. We've had the room number early in the day (9am) but that was because the room was ready; we've also been given it verbally at check in but told it wasn't ready and to check back. Presumably they knew then that it had been vacated but just waiting for mouse keeping to turn it over. I can't see how they could provide a room number days in advance? Is that what happened with your folks, Lisa?
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

We've never got a room number in advance even though we've done OLCI. We've been texted the room number in the morning, once about 8:30. But never days before.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List