Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Oct 08, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

The World & The Wonder Cruise *Day 3 added*#36

Thursday 25th September 2008

Cruise day wwooooo, up around 7.30am and sort ourselves out and pack the last few bits before setting off to the Riverside food hall to get a couple of snacks to eat on the way to Port Canaveral, Kerrie gets a muffin and I get a tub of grapes. Next we get some gas and then stop at Goodings at the Crossroads to get some seasickness/travel sickeness pills for Kerrie as shes not sure how she'll be on the ship, apparently Goodings don't sell them though so we decide to leave it and just set off.

We travel on the I4 and then join the 528 and I've got to say what an amazing road the 528 is, it's everything a road should be and everything roads in this country aren't, it's just straight as far as the eye can see and gets you from point A to point B without going via point C and a scenic tour via point D and you don't get stuck behind tractors or sunday drivers LOL.

At last we see the Disney Wonder in the distance,

We drive round to the Disney cruise terminal through very freindly security, the Disney Wonder looks amazing now we can finally see it close up,

I drop Kerrie off with our case outside the terminal, a porter takes our case and thats the last we see of it until it's delivered outside our room later on, I take the car round to the car park and then join Kerrie back at the terminal,

We go through a quick airport style security check and then head up the esculator into the terminal and are met by greeters with Mickey hands waving at us, they show us to a very quick and friendly check in where we are put in boarding group 3.
The model of the Disney Magic in the termial is fantastic and the detail amazing,

The Disney Wonder from the terminal balcony,

Inside the terminal,

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 08, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

We see sailors Pluto and Goofy for pics and have a wander round the terminal and soon it's time to board. We go through the giant Mickey ears and have a pre-boarding photo then go across the gang plank and are greeted in the Grand attrium by a lady who asks us our names and where were from before announcing 'the Disney Wonder welcomes Kerrie and Tim from England' which is a great touch and makes you feel really special even though you know the do it for hundreds more families LOL.We head to Parrot key for the lunch buffet and WOW what a selection, the buffet was amazing and the dessert selection out of this world,

There was so much gorgeous food to try and so little room in the stomach LOL, everything I had tasted fantastic, a waiter was going round with cocktails so I thought it rude not to try a Bahama Mama,
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 08, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

After an amazing lunch we went for a walk round the ship, which was so clean and every member of the crew we met was so friendly, it was just a brilliant place to be,

Old 31 Oct 08, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

After a look round we went up to deck 9 for a drink and a laze around, I got a beer mug for $15 that entitles you to 22oz refills for the same price as 16oz drinks, I probably didn't quite make full use of it LOL but it's a nice glass to bring home anyway,

Next we went to find our stateroom, we had a cat 11 inside stateroom on deck 7, room 7121,

Old 31 Oct 08, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

It was a really nice clean room, just right for 2 people on their first cruise. We went for another walk, again every crew member was so friendly asking how we were, if we were having a good time. We headed up to deck 9 again and sat by the pool for a bit, we weren't really hungry but there was so much food to try so we got a burger and a hot dog, it's weird to think what these cost in the parks but on the ship you can walk up practically anytime and it's all free LOL

At 3.45pm we went back to our room to put our life jackets on to attend the emergency drill, we had to go to Tritons on deck 4 as we used the stairs just down the corridoor from our room. We grabbed a seat near the door ready for a quick escape so we could dump the jackets and get a good spot for the sail away party LOL.The crew went through the emergency procedure, showed us the little light and whistle on our jackets that we could use to fend off sharks or attract attention should we find ourselves bobbing about in the middle of the ocean. Then we were released, so legged it back to our room, dumped our life jackets and made our way to deck 10 ready for the sail away party.

We were introduced to the entertainment crew and the cruise director and the party began, it was great with Mickey and the gang, singing, dancing, music and then the countdown followed by the absolutely amazing ships horn,

Old 31 Oct 08, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

And finally we were off, everyone was cheering and waving to the people on the cruise terminal balcony who had Mickey hands on,

We went and got a drink, Kerrie got some from the free beverage station on deck 9 and I got a beer in my mug, you get a fresh chilled glass everytime you get a drink which is good, we made a stop back at the room and went for a walk, we saw Mickey and Minnie,

and then made our way to the Walt Disney theater for the Golden Mickeys.

One thing I have noticed is that even though there are loads of people on the ship it didn't really seem that busy, we got seats at the front of the theater and got ready for the show.The Golden Mickeys has loads of Disney characters in it and was absolutely brilliant, it was like a level up from the already fantastic shows in the Disney parks.

Old 31 Oct 08, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

At the end of the show they announce that we may encounter some unually rough seas due to a tropical storm out at sea and that sea sickness pills are available free from guest relations.

You can feel the ship swaying about a bit now, think a bit drunk and trying to walk LOL. Kerrie's feeling a bit icky so we stop and get her some tablets from guest relations then stop at the room to get ready for dinner, our room attendant has left us a swan and some chocolates on the bed,

We go to dinner, we are in Parrot Key tonight, we are introduced to our server and asst server, Chakka Pong (just Pong for short) from Thailand and Julian from Colombia, both are really friendly and give us the most amazing service every night on board. I purchase the classic wine package which came to $100 by the time i'd left a tip which gives you a bottle of wine each night and you pick from a selection, one of my favourites- Kendall and Jackson Chardonnay was on the classic list so I chose that.We were sat with 4 other couples including another brit couple who only lived about 40 mins from us in Leeds LOL. Then food was amazing, well mine was anyway, Kerrie only managed 1 bite of her starter and decided she needed to go back to the room as there was still a fair bit of rocking going on (and not the status quo type) I offered to go back with her but she insisted I stay for dinner. For my entree I had rib eye of beef with jacket potato and green beans which was fantastic and for dessert gorgeous chocolate s'more with crackling marshmellows. The meal, food, wine and servers where absolutely brilliant and I left feeling stuffed to go and check on Kerrie.She was fast asleep so I decided to go for a walk round the ship,

Yes this is a pic of a bathroom but the ship was so quiet and no-one was around so I took it to show how clean they are LOL.

I got my beer mug and went upto deck 9 and got a drink and some pizza and watched Mary Poppins on the Ariel vision screen until midnight, then grabbed a coffee and went back to the room and got to bed about 12.30am after a brilliant first day.

Click on the pic below:-

Edited at 07:20 PM.
Old 31 Oct 08, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brill MM - The wonder looks amazing
Old 31 Oct 08, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

what a fantastic trip report and amazing pics. Makes me so jealous
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 08, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Brilliant trip report with loads of great detail, looking forward to reading more

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List