Thank you so much for taking the time to do this report. The ship looks amazing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
great photos and great report, thanks for taking the trouble to post this!
Old 5 Nov 08, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Makes me wanna go back

Roll on next October

Brill trippie - lovin all your photos
Old 8 Nov 08, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

The World & The Wonder DAY 8 Cruise day 2

Friday 26th September 2008

Up at 7.30am, get ready and head up to the Beach blanket buffet for breakfast. The choice of food is absolutely amazing, cooked breakfasts, cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, cooked to order omellettes, fruit juices, tea, coffee, milk. We order a couple of omellettes which are really nice and pick at a few others bits as there just isn't enough stomach space to try everything LOL.

After breakfast we go outside to watch the ship reverse into dock at Nassau, were not planning on leaving the ship as we've not read about anything we particularly want to see so planned to stay on the Wonder and just enjoy the ship. A blast of 'When you wish upon a star' from the ships horn announces that we have docked. We see Aladdin and Alice for photos and then have a game of ping pong followed by a leisurely walk right round the outer deck, just as we complete our circuit the Carnival Sensation pulls up next to us.

We spend a couple of hours sat by the adult pool (the sun loungers here are comfier than the family pools) and then go to Tritons for lunch, we only have an entree each despite the best efforts of the server to get us to have dessert (I can't it won't fit LOL) I have fish and since I am a simple person ask for it with chips, although I managed to refrain from asking for mushy peas LOL, Kerrie had a rather large burger, everything was really nice.

We went back to the pool for a bit and then had a quick nap back in the cabin and then tried a cheese steak sandwich and some pizza back out near the pool (just to sample them LOL)Saw pirate Minnie and Mickey in the attrium although Mickeys line was huge so we only got Minnie.

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 08, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Next we headed to the Walt Disney theatre for tonights show Toy story the musical. Captain Jack was outside the theatre for photos and was brilliant, his mannerisms, voice and that sway Jack has (like he's been on the rum) were all perfect.

In the theatre we get a seat right at the front again (for anyone with a hearing imapairment there are crew who do an amazing job at all of the shows by translating everything into sign)The show was brilliant, basically telling the story of Toy Story with huge sets and props and having Woody and Buzz as face characters was really good.

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 08, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

After the show we went and got changed for dinner at Tritons, I had a duck appetizer, scallops in mornay sauce for my entree and apple tart for dessert, Kerrie had soup for starter followed by beef tenderloin and a sundae, actually we ended up sampling all of the desserts off tonights menu as Pong brought us all one of everything LOL.
We had 2 more people at our table tonight (they were at Palos last night), it turns out they were both ex cast members from WDW, still love the place and where there for their honeymoon (as well as the cruise). Pong was playing around tonight and doing little tricks at the table and making animals out of napkins.

Our towel animal for tonight:-

After the lovely dinner (again) we went and got changed for the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party, although we didn't have fancy dress plenty of people had a looked really good.
We went upto deck 10 and got a really good view, all the characters were dressed up and were singing and dancing, Mr Smee was especially good doing the hammer dance LOL.
Mickey stopped Hook and the other pirates taking over and then the fireworks began, now they aren't wishes but then when you think your on a ship in the middle of the ocean it's pretty amazing.

There was a huge buffet after the fireworks with all sorts of delicious food to try (for anyone with any room) Kerrie managed a dessert and I had a turkey leg (which tasted much better than the ones in the park) but thats all we could manage which was a shame LOL, it's not that were greedy pigs LOL but there is so much nice looking food on board you just want to try everything LOL.

To finish the night off we watched Pirates of the Caribbean on the Ariel vision screen and finally went to bed about 1am.Thought some of the ladies might like a pic of Jack on the big screen LOL.

Click on the pic below:-

Edited at 07:23 PM.
Old 8 Nov 08, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Super pictures again and a great video.
Gary
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 08, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another great day

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 08, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

great report MM

are you mousemaniac off the old TCD forum ? i didn't post loads but loved to read the daily goings on the forum. I think the Dibb is great but it is a little bit too big for me and i struggle to keep up with the volume of posts compared to the TCD forum.

your holiday seemed ages away when TCD went under - can't believe it has come round already.

sue

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Old 8 Nov 08, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab photos, love them. I think I'll be seriously considering a future cruise