Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Dec 08, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Animators Palate starts off completely black and white and as you go through your meal more and more colour is introduced into the room, there are some really good effects and you finish your meal in full colour.
I had a seafood wrap starter, followed by fillet mignon, scallops, mash and spinach and double choc fudge cake for dessert, Kerrie had butternut squash soup followed by fillet mignon & jacket potato and ice cream sundae, Pong also brought out birthday cakes and anniversary cakes for other people at our table but everyone was too full to eat any lol. The food again was amazing and soooo tasty. We gave our tips envelopes to Pong and Julian $35 for Pong and $25 for Julian, a bit more than the reccomended amount but they had been fantastic every night, the dining room head server however got nothing as he must have visited every table in the room but ours.
We had our pic with pong and Julian and then made our way to the grand attrium and wooo characters galore,

We get loads of pics with the characters and with the cast from the shows.

Peter (cruise director on the right) @ Carlton (asst cruise directo on the left):-

The Disney characters say goodbye until we meet again:-

This is possibly the best day we've spent at anything Disney related, everything about the cruise from start to finish has been A1 FANTASTIC, I cannot reccomend it enough, I never thought I would find anything more amazing than the Disney parks but the Disney cruise is like the next step up, the service, shows, food, everything is just AMAZING, so with this in mind it left only one thing left to do so we went to the booking desk and booked another one for next year, a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wonder in a cat 6 room with verandah for only $200 deposit and including $100 free onboard credit.

We popped back to the room to get changed and found our last towel animal,

Our towel animal collection,

Then we went back and watched the ariel vision for a bit with a cocktail and some pizza, before making our way back to the room at about 1am for bed, we'd missed the time slot to leave our case for collection but we only had 1 small one so will just take it with us tomorrow (well in a few hours lol)
AAAAHHHHH bed, what an amazing day :-)

Click on the pic below:

Edited at 07:24 PM.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 09, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jjdmc
Excited about Disney

HI really enjoyed reading and looking at all your lovely pictures my family and i go on the magic on 2nd may for 7 nights cant wait it sounds great.
joanne
jjdmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 09, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic reviews - roll on October
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 09, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Nice to read this again Mouse. When are you going back?
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 09, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What a fantastic trip report! I loved reading all about your wonderful cruise. Your pics are fab and it all sounds and looks so wonderful.

Can't wait for our cruise on the Wonder in August!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 09, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Penu View Post
Nice to read this again Mouse. When are you going back?
Hi Gary we are booked for a 4 night cruise in September and planning on booking the 14 night westbound transatlantic for 2010 while onboard
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 09, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

this is brilliant it has got me really excited for our cruise in december. fantastic pictures!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 09, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What amazing pics. we have a western caribbeana and Bahamas Cruise booked for next june. cant wait to go on it now!
Old 24 Sep 09, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post

We were on board over the new year and this brings it all back. A great experience and one to enjoy. Great photo's
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by M M View Post
At the end of the show they announce that we may encounter some unually rough seas due to a tropical storm out at sea and that sea sickness pills are available free from guest relations.

You can feel the ship swaying about a bit now, think a bit drunk and trying to walk LOL. Kerrie's feeling a bit icky so we stop and get her some tablets from guest relations then stop at the room to get ready for dinner, our room attendant has left us a swan and some chocolates on the bed,

We go to dinner, we are in Parrot Key tonight, we are introduced to our server and asst server, Chakka Pong (just Pong for short) from Thailand and Julian from Colombia, both are really friendly and give us the most amazing service every night on board. I purchase the classic wine package which came to $100 by the time i'd left a tip which gives you a bottle of wine each night and you pick from a selection, one of my favourites- Kendall and Jackson Chardonnay was on the classic list so I chose that.We were sat with 4 other couples including another brit couple who only lived about 40 mins from us in Leeds LOL. Then food was amazing, well mine was anyway, Kerrie only managed 1 bite of her starter and decided she needed to go back to the room as there was still a fair bit of rocking going on (and not the status quo type) I offered to go back with her but she insisted I stay for dinner. For my entree I had rib eye of beef with jacket potato and green beans which was fantastic and for dessert gorgeous chocolate s'more with crackling marshmellows. The meal, food, wine and servers where absolutely brilliant and I left feeling stuffed to go and check on Kerrie.She was fast asleep so I decided to go for a walk round the ship,

Yes this is a pic of a bathroom but the ship was so quiet and no-one was around so I took it to show how clean they are LOL.

I got my beer mug and went upto deck 9 and got a drink and some pizza and watched Mary Poppins on the Ariel vision screen until midnight, then grabbed a coffee and went back to the room and got to bed about 12.30am after a brilliant first day.

Click on the pic below:-

Tim,
the video is asking for a password - any ideas why?
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List