Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Oct 14, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Day 3

Tuesday 19th August

We woke around 5ish. When I looked out of the window a little while later, I found an unusual view. Clouds, mountains and then cloud again, so I grabbed a photo before it passed.

Once we were all up and dressed we had breakfast in the hotel. Again there was a pancake maker and omelettes, bacon, pastries etc. Definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express in Canada.

We left Golden around 9ish. We didn't have a long journey today. It was certainly a very picturesque one, so lots of photos!

We bought a Park Pass for $19.60.

We stopped at Field to pick up leaflets before visiting Natural Bridge which was a lovely photo opportunity and how I imagined Canada to look.

Our next stop was Emerald Lake. It was beautiful and I took some lovely photos.

I have recently had this one made into a canvas for my wall. I think it sums up just how peaceful and beautiful the scenery was in the Rockies. The photo doesn't do it justice though.

We had a walk around the lake.

There was no sign of any "interesting" wildlife despite looking - not sure what we would have done if we had been met by a bear!

We then drove to Lake Louise which was very busy.

It was lovely, but quite a bit of cloud, so not as stunning as I had hoped for the photographs, but still got some good ones.

We walked part way around lake, but we had a teenager with us who was "bored". It was a lovely walk with a lovely view of the hotel. There were lots of rock climbers.

Our bored teenager soon perked up when we stumbled across lots of wild chipmunks. They were so tame and some very fat, so probably have been fed by tourists. We had some raisins, so gave them some, but we probably shouldn't have!

We were hoping to walk to the tea room, but everyone was getting a bit tired, so we made our way back.

We had a look around Fairmont Lake Louise hotel stunning location. Didn't realise how old the hotel was. We bought some postcards to send to grandparents.

Then we got back on the road to Banff.

While we were driving, hubby noticed a lump on arm, so think he must have been bitten. It was quite big and there were two more bites on his back. We put pen on his arm to see if got any bigger.

We checked into hotel - Fox Inn and Suites.

It was a lovely hotel, the most expensive so far £150 per night. it wasn't massive, but had lots of character. Can imagine it would be lovely in the winter with the open fire which was also on when we were there as the temperature did drop a little.

Went to Chilis for dinner which was located in the hotel. Philli Burger and fries for DH and I. Girls had BBQ burger and fries - they were huge! We had some nachos and salsa for starters which were free with voucher from hotel. That may have been a mistake before eating the main meal!

We picked up our complimentary ROAM bus tickets from reception which entitled you to bus travel, but we just didn't have enough time to take advantage of that.

Explored the town and posted postcards. We wonder how long they would take as DH and I told the kids about the postcard we had sent from Corfu 1991 that still haven't arrived. As it turned out, the postcards arrived within a week!

We then went to the underground hot springs pool. If was hot! The girls took ages to get in and didn't really enjoy heat.

Went back to room while Martin popped to the liquor store to grab some beer and 7up for girls. There was no fridge in the hotel, so used the ice bucket.

Today had been quite cloudy 15-17 degrees.

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska August 2014 Index

Edited at 11:08 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 14, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

The scenery is stunning! I don't think we are going to do the Rockies next year but we are definitely planning to do them sometime
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 14, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Breathtaking photos, looks amazing
Old 18 Oct 14, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
The scenery is stunning! I don't think we are going to do the Rockies next year but we are definitely planning to do them sometime
We were not sure what to do about the Rockies as lots of people had said we didn't have enough time and it would be rushed. We could have spent longer, but we are so glad we did it, than not at all. It really was a breathtaking place and everytime you turned a corner, there was a different sight.

Definately go there sometime!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 14, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

Stunning photos - I'd love to do a road trip one day!
Old 21 Oct 14, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow! stunning scenery and great photos. I love the Chipmunks, especially the cheeky looking one, great capture! Our Chinchillas love raisins, I am sure they wouldn't have harmed the chipmunks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow your pictures are beautiful x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 14, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Stunning photographs. I think the Rookies just went onto my bucket list.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 14, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Amazing photos. The water at the lake was such a beautiful blue colour.

Looking forward to more.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thank you all for you lovely comments about my photos. I love taking photos and the scenery on this holiday was just amazing. Think I took almost 3000 photos! I had 2 of them put on canvas - one of them was the one in this post of Emerald Lake and the other will be in a future post (the next one I think).

I got on my family's nerves a little stopping to take photos, but we have some fab memories captured.

I knew the Rockies (and of course Alaska) would have some stunning scenery, but I really wasn't expecting how spectacular it was. Although our Rockies road trip was brief, I would not have changed it for the world!