Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Oct 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jonomassey
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have booked a flydrive via TCD and have done OLCI but I can't find the option to skip the line, am I missing something? I've checked my email confirmation but can't see any link on it?

Thanks
jonomassey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jonomassey View Post
I have booked a flydrive via TCD and have done OLCI but I can't find the option to skip the line, am I missing something? I've checked my email confirmation but can't see any link on it?

Thanks
e
Someonemight confirm this but don't think there's a link from TCD bookings you'll need to follow the procedure at the start of this thread.
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jonomassey
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanks, sorted it by following the google bing method!
jonomassey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Ah Shoot, I was really hoping to do the skip the counter service but we are flying to SFB so not possible. Glad I read this now and not later on down the road when trying to book my hire car! Thanks for posting. X

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 16, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeeboy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I've just returned my Alamo car after a 2 week rental from Tampa. I have to say their garage procedure was seamless.

I had done the online check in, and was expecting to skip the counter. However, when I turned up I wasn't sure what to do so I asked the guy at the counter and he basically said 'get in the queue'.

The lady that served me, said she didn't know why the called it 'skip the counter' before proceeding with the hard sell of bigger car, tyre cover, sat Nav, toll pass etc.

I think I was conned, as the printout she gave me to take to the garage looked remarkably similar to the one I had printed out.

Still, all it cost me was about 15 mins. The choosing your car bit was awesome, finding a Hyundai Elantra in the compact row which was plenty big enough for 3 of us and 3 cases.

All worked out well.
Mikeeboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ag19
a Friend of the DIBB

Is it possible to link my Alamo Insider number to a prepaid reservation?

This year I linked my Dollar Express number to a reservation I made with autoeurope.com and it seemed to help in avoiding the hard sell "upgrades" I'd read so much about!
ag19 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've booked today and done OLCI but can't do Skip the Counter as both my credits cards expire before we go. Can I do it at a later date?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a quick thanks for this information, I booked my car through a 3rd party (Thomas cook), I requested a booking reference number with their online chat before Christmas and was told I had to wait until I received my paperwork just before travel in March. I'm very impatient so tried again today and was given the reference number no bother... time to try online check in and skip the counter I checked in online with no problems at all, however I could not find where the link was for skip the counter. I checked on here, followed the instructions to open details on check in, then open another browser, search the link and bingo... it worked. I am now the proud holder of skip the counter paperwork and couldn't be happier. One question though, when you go to the garage is there someone there to direct you to the correct line? Or can I just waltz off with anything
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

There areAlamo folks walking about and if they see you...may ask if you need help. Just look for your car section (full size, minivan etc.) and pick one out. If you don't see anything ya like..tell the staff and ask if there is anyrhing else coming or they may tell you..you can pick from next section up
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
There areAlamo folks walking about and if they see you...may ask if you need help. Just look for your car section (full size, minivan etc.) and pick one out. If you don't see anything ya like..tell the staff and ask if there is anyrhing else coming or they may tell you..you can pick from next section up
And do not forget that unless they have changed again the keys to the Luxury row are not now left in the car but you need to collect those for your choice from the garage kiosk.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List