Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Anastacia T
New Poster (5)

Is discovery cove worth the money?

I have been looking at prices for DC next July and for 2 adults and 2kids it works out about £1100 for the day. With the poor pound and more expensive iniversal tickets I am just wondering if it is justifiable to spend this much for one day?
Anastacia T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

£1100 for 1 day is not worth it. It's good but not that good!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are planning on going to seaworld and aquatica then yes absolutely it is worth the money. If not then it is alot, that said DC is my favorite park by a clear margin. My absolute favorite day of both my last 2 holidays. The dolphin swim isn't necessary, we have done both swim and non swim and loved both so that can save abit of money. We booked DC at a bargain price in january for this years trip so it might be worth waiting to see if the same offer is available for next year.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

As a one off I'd say yes if you've got the cash, don't forget included is 14 day tickets for Sea World and aquatica.
We did it for the first time this year and saved for it using and of those sealed money tins and saved my £2 coins and lose change so didn't really feel that payment. It was one of the best days of our holiday.
However as we already had Disney and Universal tickets we did't really get full use of the free parks included in the tickets ( only managed a day at Sea World ).

I would do it again but only if we skipped Disney or Universal so that you could get full use of the tickets.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Anastacia T
New Poster (5)

Thanks I'm under pressure from my son who would love to go but I'm not keen on seaworld so probably wouldn't use that ticket. Might use aquatica but as we are staying onsite at Disney and only having one night at HRH to do Universal, I don't want to be paying a fortune in travelling as we r not hiring a car.
Anastacia T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Discovery day was my absolute favourite and if you can fit it in great but it won't take any magic away from your holiday if you can't
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We've booked the ultimate package for next year - which also includes Busch, Seaworld and Aquatica. As it's our 6th trip we've decided to give Disney a miss (DS isn't impressed!) as couldn't justify the additional cost (would have been over £2.5k with Disney!) We plan to do other things like the state parks and the beach.
Old 15 Oct 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anastacia T View Post
I have been looking at prices for DC next July and for 2 adults and 2kids it works out about £1100 for the day. With the poor pound and more expensive iniversal tickets I am just wondering if it is justifiable to spend this much for one day?
It IS a terrific and unique experience.

If you don't need Busch Gardens, drop the Dolphin Swim (it's really not that special), then I tried a random date in mid July next year and got 4 adults at around £650. That includes Aquatica and SeaWorld for 14 days.

Also food is included and all day snacks and drinks (alcohol too).

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

As with most questions of 'is it worth it" you will always get different answers depending on the replyee.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
its a great experience to do but with the rate so bad at the moment dont think its worth that much money