Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Jan 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Just buy a cheap fake one, so many fakes out there no ones going the believe it's real anyway.
I have to agree. They all look fake to me even my friend's real one.
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
One of the few places you can get a discount on LV is buying duty free at the airport. I know T5 at Heathrow do this and you can arrange the purchase even if going via another terminal at Heathrow. You will find with our exchange rate being low at present that could be your cheapest option. I think it is 17% that is deducted. Re sale value on LV is very high, unlike a lot of the many other brands. My daughter's both like LV, and although it wouldn't be my own choice , they have held onto their's much longer than any other brand including Mulberry. I guess that say's a lot about them, plus they have been trading for many years as well. If you are concerned about fakes, you can check the bags serial numbers out on a website called the purse forum. Hope this info helps.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macy View Post
. If you are concerned about fakes, you can check the bags serial numbers out on a website called the purse forum. Hope this info helps.
Seriously do you believe that serial numbers are not counterfeited?
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

omg spending all that money on a handbag...

next thing you will be telling me is that you have more than one pair of shoes...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
If purchased in an official LV store and holding all the appropriate paperwork, that matches with your receipt is the safest way to buy good's and avoid fakes. The risk of fake good's applies to almost everything that people buy, just trying to eliminate risk is about the most anyone can do. Once a serial no is known to have been copied it is withdrawn by LV from their listings.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
I don't really think the lady who asked about buying a LV bag wanted a debate. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I was only giving her some info that may help her. If she is going to treat herself to a special gift for her birthday, why spoil it. We all get enjoyment from different thing's, some people sport and others fashion and clothes. Live and let Live is my motto. Personally, a treat for me would be jewellery and not a bag.
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I bought my LV from terminal 5 heathrow and 17% discount was deducted as the flight was out of EU zone ( we were en route to NYC). Thats the only place you can get a discount. USA will be far more expensive

If you can afford it and its what you like then why not? Treat yourself. Life is short...

Edited at 10:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I have to agree. They all look fake to me even my friend's real one.
Yes but the point is you know it is real. If you buy a fake the first person you cheat is yourself.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Was in the LV shop in Mall of Millenia on my trip in 2015 looking at the handbags, they worked out more expensive and that was with the dollar rate a bit better so I'd definitely say buy over here and not in the US
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
It's a European brand, so probably more expensive out there. Best place to get one would be the store at Heathrow T5 if your going though that way?
Yes, I was going to suggest airport duty free, I've had some nice bargains this way.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List