Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

[QUOTE=Smilesonfaces;12213727]I made the SW fish, chips and peas. Tasted ok but didn't look very pretty as it fell apart when I served up hence no photo ! It's now wine Friday ![/QUOTE
Enjoy 🍷🍷🍷x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Just been catching up on everything, weigh in thursday went well with a loss of 2lb. After a weigh in i always have a treat, meal/drink i want and even chocolate, this week i was good and had my naughty night last night hope this works out. We went to watch impractical jokers last night and went for a indian, had a great evening 😋🍺
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie1981 View Post
Just been catching up on everything, weigh in thursday went well with a loss of 2lb. After a weigh in i always have a treat, meal/drink i want and even chocolate, this week i was good and had my naughty night last night hope this works out. We went to watch impractical jokers last night and went for a indian, had a great evening 😋🍺
2lb is a great loss Lisa well done. Sounds like a good night last night when it's a special night out you've just gotta have a treat ❤️
I'm working all weekend so will be taking salads in for lunch, have a great weekend everyone
Sam xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Hi guys
hope you don't mind me jumping in on thread.

I always hear such good things about SW but really cannot afford to join a group at the mo.
Also fresh, good for you food seems to up my food bill anyway!

I am trying to follow the SW principle mainly on work days and not actually having any treats so that at the wk ends i can relax a bit more and either eat not so good food or enjoy a bottle of wine.

I am cooking from scratch and using frylight and also juicing as i love them instead of a cold fizzy drink mid morning at work.

But how many sins is in a bottle of white wine? And also i know we don't have to count calories and can eat anything in moderation, but people seem to eat lots of pasta and potatoes and bread? Will I still be losing weight with all them carbs?

xx
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
about 35 syms for bottle of wine!

I drank lot of bottle of wine and sometime every Friday I drank half or all bottle... now I am stopping because very high sugar... I have put on lots of weight...so I cut down wine maybe champagne is better than wine?
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:19 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
about 35 syms for bottle of wine!

I drank lot of bottle of wine and sometime every Friday I drank half or all bottle... now I am stopping because very high sugar... I have put on lots of weight...so I cut down wine maybe champagne is better than wine?
I am thinking the wine may be my downfall lol
Will try to cut down as much as poss so that i also don't feel like i am missing out on anything
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Hi guys
hope you don't mind me jumping in on thread.

I always hear such good things about SW but really cannot afford to join a group at the mo.
Also fresh, good for you food seems to up my food bill anyway!

I am trying to follow the SW principle mainly on work days and not actually having any treats so that at the wk ends i can relax a bit more and either eat not so good food or enjoy a bottle of wine.

I am cooking from scratch and using frylight and also juicing as i love them instead of a cold fizzy drink mid morning at work.

But how many sins is in a bottle of white wine? And also i know we don't have to count calories and can eat anything in moderation, but people seem to eat lots of pasta and potatoes and bread? Will I still be losing weight with all them carbs?

xx
Juicing is a no no on slimming world I'm afraid... it's something to do with food density you can eat ten oranges and it be free food but juice ten oranges and you could easily drink it in one go and the natural sugars then need synning whereas you'd struggle to eat ten oranges before you were full and it's something to do with being full and being satisfied and stopping eating ... there's a science behind it I don't understand which I'll try and find a link to explain way better than me lol but I just know from group you don't really juice stuff.
I eat loads of carbs that's why I like slimming world I don't bloat with it but I bloat with fizzy pop even diet pop I've knocked on head which was hard to do but I can tell a real difference. Cooking from scratch I agree can be more expensive but we switched to shopping mainly at Aldi and their meat is s lot cheaper I find and we now prefer it... I batch cook some things too and that makes preparing easier and cheaper.
Hope that helps a little and I'll try and find a better explanation of the rules of juicing lol xx
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Disney Nanny
I have lost weight before going to SW(unfortunately goes back on easier than it comes off) I too don't really want to pay again to go. I have been on here for a couple of weeks and am finding it is keeping me on track. Lots of meal ideas too.
I try not to have too many syns in the week and save for weekend. I used to have a bottle of wine on a Friday and Saturday but am limiting it to half a bottle on a Friday only and DH has the rest. I have half a glass of wine and top it up with soda water. Looking in my SW book a 175 glass of medium white is 6 syns so half a 75cl bottle would be 12 syns. I sound a right lush working this out ! My main problem isn't the wine though it is the packet of crisps that tends to come with it !

Good luck !
Lynda x
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
I have started buying frozen veg as it works out cheaper and lasts longer. I agree buying the fresh meat etc makes it more expensive. I will have to try Aldi.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
It's something to do with the length of time it would take you to eat it. you wouldn't eat 6 oranges but you would drink a juice made with 6 oranges very quickly.
Bread is limited as well.i have bread as an extra healthy b but it is only 1 medium slice 60g in weight.
I know it is really naughty and I probably shouldn't suggest it but if you really can't afford or manage the time to go to a meeting why don't you join with a free membership in Bella magazine pay for that weeks class and you will get the books with the details of the plan and the syns lists.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread