Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 21 Mar 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Princess Dress where to buy

My daughter is 8 but is in 11-12 uk size clothes. Young at heart but growing fast She wants to buy a princess dress to wear to the Royal Table and for the make over she is having at the hotel. Where would be best to go which would stock such sizes. Preferably in Disney springs or the parks. Thanks
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
undercovermouse
Helping Mickey

Watching with interest - our DD is 8 - the youngest in her class ( August baby ) yet the tallest in her class. We had been buying 10-11 clothes for about a year.

Sainsburys have had some really nice dresses in the past in bigger sizes, but they rarely have stock in all the sizes. We got DD 2 different Frozen Fever dresses in 2015 from Sainsburys - OMG I could have sold them a hundred times over with all the comments she got - didn't see them anywhere in the shops over there at the time - I know it is all Disney licensed, but thought it funny that a supermarket 'got there first'
undercovermouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The dresses in the parks outlets or Disney springs go to age 14 heightwise fine but they are not generous on width
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I would get one before you go. Asda do really nice ones and not too expensive. I’ve got a few for my dd

Edited at 07:56 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by undercovermouse View Post
Watching with interest - our DD is 8 - the youngest in her class ( August baby ) yet the tallest in her class. We had been buying 10-11 clothes for about a year.

Sainsburys have had some really nice dresses in the past in bigger sizes, but they rarely have stock in all the sizes. We got DD 2 different Frozen Fever dresses in 2015 from Sainsburys - OMG I could have sold them a hundred times over with all the comments she got - didn't see them anywhere in the shops over there at the time - I know it is all Disney licensed, but thought it funny that a supermarket 'got there first'
I agree with this, our supermarket ones have been brilliant and a fraction of cost! Why not order a load online of different ones and have a special evening at home choosing one as part of planning for holiday! DD is the same sizewise, always larger size than on the hanger! Sainsburys do seem to do a large selection of bigger sizes. You could also try fancy dress shops. Weve had loads of comments on DD tinkerbell costume and her Belle wedding dress outfit. By the way, doesnt have to be a disney princess dress if she just wants a gown type dress. X
Old 21 Mar 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

By the way, if anyone sees any offers on princess dresses and boys costumes please let me know, thanks 😀
Old 21 Mar 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the replys 😁
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone see any Rey costumes? Not a princess I know but Disney online or shops don't seem to have them now? DD is a tall but slim 13 year old.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
By the way, if anyone sees any offers on princess dresses and boys costumes please let me know, thanks 😀
Sainsburys have 25% off clothing from 27th March. Princess costumes and other costumes are about £14-16 full price
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

So it’s actually cheaper to purchase before going? Surprised by that.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List