Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 28 Mar 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh you beaut you know how much I love your shopping hauls
The pictures from NOLA are lovely, such a nice keepsake to remind you of the place.
You know I love a stripy TH jumper too, I'm sure I will be buying at least one this year
The Ralph bargains are fab too, will make sure to look in the kids section this year as I totally forgot last year!
Another great haul

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some very nice shopping and some great bargains and as you say quite restrained. I am feeling inspired for August! Although the time of year you went might have contributed perhaps to what was on offer do you think?

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh you beaut you know how much I love your shopping hauls
The pictures from NOLA are lovely, such a nice keepsake to remind you of the place.
You know I love a stripy TH jumper too, I'm sure I will be buying at least one this year
The Ralph bargains are fab too, will make sure to look in the kids section this year as I totally forgot last year!
Another great haul
Ah bless you We do like our shopping
We did say before we went that we would only buy something " if its a bit different" so how we ended up with trainers, a stripey top , lacoste Tees and a handbag is anyones guess .. cos we've never bought those before have we

The RL stuff was a good buy with the extra discount - it means I can put a few pieces by for their birthdays as well - although even they are reaching the limit of long sleeve tops I think

Hope you have a great haul when you go

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
Some very nice shopping and some great bargains and as you say quite restrained. I am feeling inspired for August! Although the time of year you went might have contributed perhaps to what was on offer do you think?
We wondered if the Spring Break season meant the sports wear was a lot cheaper than previous trips - but then we have been late August and the early Labor Day sales were incredibly good value. Hope you get a good haul !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah bless you We do like our shopping
We did say before we went that we would only buy something " if its a bit different" so how we ended up with trainers, a stripey top , lacoste Tees and a handbag is anyones guess .. cos we've never bought those before have we

The RL stuff was a good buy with the extra discount - it means I can put a few pieces by for their birthdays as well - although even they are reaching the limit of long sleeve tops I think

Hope you have a great haul when you go

We wondered if the Spring Break season meant the sports wear was a lot cheaper than previous trips - but then we have been late August and the early Labor Day sales were incredibly good value. Hope you get a good haul !
We can only try! 😉

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by floridafan101 View Post
We can only try! 😉
Look forward to seeing how you get on
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love looking at local art when we travel, it’s so often overpriced in tourist galleries that great to pick up a proper bargain, direct from the artist I assume. Never bought anything like that in the US but now you have me thinking...
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hadn’t heard of the New Orleans werewolf before but those prints are so cute! I’m off to Google and learn more about it
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Love looking at local art when we travel, it’s so often overpriced in tourist galleries that great to pick up a proper bargain, direct from the artist I assume. Never bought anything like that in the US but now you have me thinking...
Its a first for us too, it was a great experience, so nice to chat to the artist - and yes we bought the two prints you can see hanging on the railing

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I hadn’t heard of the New Orleans werewolf before but those prints are so cute! I’m off to Google and learn more about it
Its a sad story about a dog called Tiffany , the werewolf bit is kind of an add on. I think George Rodrigue is the name of the artist

Edited at 07:34 PM.