Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Mar 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Olaf
Earning My Ears

Anna Maria Island or St Pete

Hi all

Would you recommend Anna Maria Island or St Pete Beach? which is best and why? things to do or places to eat?

xx
Olaf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

AMI. No contest in my view. Nicer beaches and nicer area in general. Not as touristy. There are plenty of nice places to eat - The Boat House for example.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I’ve never stayed at either but visited both.

Went to St. Petes the first time as Ihad heard it was beautiful. It was ok imo. I was very underwhelmed. We stopped at johns pass which we enjoyed for lunch and watched the birds. We then went right up to Clearwater and I was so surprised at how busy the beach was. I just had a bit of a paddle then we went on our way.

The following year we went to ami for lunch at the sandbar. Oh it was breathtaking. I actually almost cried when I seen the beach , it was just what I thought it should be.
We are not beach people so wouldn’t go and sit on a beach but that was beautiful.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
These resorts are has different has Chalk and Cheese. depends what you want AMI is lovely, St Petes Beach is big and brash not has bad has Clearwater but another world from AMI.

Do a search in the search from the Blue Banner line above, you will find plenty of great reviews from other Dibbers whom have been to AMI.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t return to St Pete, if I’m honest I couldn’t wait to get away. I think I chose the wrong resort but I just found it all a bit chavy
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
Hi all

Would you recommend Anna Maria Island or St Pete Beach? which is best and why? things to do or places to eat?

xx
You should see both. There aren't bad beaches in Florida although on the Gulf Coast the general advice is the further South the better.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Love AMI ... only visited for 2 days last time but we are back and staying on and nearby for 4 nights this year

Try looking at the Thread "Anna Maria Island = Paradise".
It's the Thread which originally made us want to visit and I added to it by posting some photos on Post 419 .

Haven't been to St Pete's but didn't like Clearwater as not a fan of high rises and a road bordering the beach .
Just too big and crowded for us.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18

Edited at 07:58 PM.
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

We are visiting AMI for the third time this year. Can’t speak for St Pete’s but we love AMI.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List