Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi_x
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Toll roads

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before...

In July/August my partner and I are travelling to California for a roadtrip, getting married (just the two of us! ) in Carmel and then flying to Orlando! I was wondering if there were lots of tolls on the roads in Cali? I didn’t know if it was worth investing in California’s version of a Sunpass (if that is a thing!)

We are driving from LA/Anaheim to Monterey, then to SF, Yosemite, back to LA for the flight to MCO.

Many thanks!
Abbi_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We hardly saw any tolls while we were in California. Right near the end we drove through an automatic only toll which triggered the Avis approximate $20 plus the cost of that single toll. Can’t remember where it was. In one way an expensive mistake, but compared to cost of holiday nothing.
I think if you want to pay as you go for the exact amount you would need to sign up with the toll company and give your registration ASAP. I am not sure how easy this is to do.

Edit I’ve just got my 5th golden Mickey.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
In 3 weeks we went on one toll road in CA (that I can remember )
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

You shouldn't use any toll roads for that route in California. Some national parks have tolls but not the freeways.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Golden Gate Bridge was the only toll road we saw from SF down to San Diego
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Golden Gate isn't on the route from San Fran to San Diego, only time you would do that is if you deliberately wanted to drive over it as part of you SF visit, or go to Muir Wood.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Abbi_x
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Many thanks for your replies everyone! Very helpful as always looks like we won’t need to put as much money aside as I thought thanks!
Abbi_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

We didn’t come across any tolls on that route. We also got married last year in the US (New York) just the two of us. Carmel was one of my favorite spots of our trip. Such a lovely spot for your wedding and then an Orlando honeymoon - perfection! Enjoy it all.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbi_x
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
We didn’t come across any tolls on that route. We also got married last year in the US (New York) just the two of us. Carmel was one of my favorite spots of our trip. Such a lovely spot for your wedding and then an Orlando honeymoon - perfection! Enjoy it all.
Woo! That’s good news about the tolls!

Congratulations on your marriage last year - I would so love to go to NY one day. Thank you so much I’m so glad it’s the two of us... sounds selfish but it’s great not having to worry about pleasing anybody else! Haha
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Abbi_x View Post
Woo! That’s good news about the tolls!

Congratulations on your marriage last year - I would so love to go to NY one day. Thank you so much I’m so glad it’s the two of us... sounds selfish but it’s great not having to worry about pleasing anybody else! Haha
Yep that's why we ''eloped'' too. That and it saved us a small fortune We married in NY and then went to the West Coast. Some of the more romantic things to do were lunch at Nepenthe, starwatching in Yosemite, going over to Treasure Island at night to look at the San Fran skyline and the jazz brunch at the Polo Lounge in the Beverly Hills Hotel. The West Coast is by far the best destination we've ever been to as a couple.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List