Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
winniethepooh
Excited about Disney

Mobile Studio tour

My husband loves the Big Bang theory and I have been looking into getting tickets to watch it been filmed which are difficult to get, so if we went to the Warner brothers studio tour do you get to see much to do with the Big Bang theory? Would you recommend going there?
winniethepooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
When are you travelling?

I think it depends on the time of year/day of the week that you visit. It’s a bit of pot luck I’m afraid. We went in late July last year, and didn’t manage to see the set at all. They were just getting everything ready to begin filming again a couple of weeks later. Others who went just a few weeks later, were lucky and did get to see the set. Unfortunately there’s no guarantees though.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
WB Tour is simply amazing!

We did get to see the Big Bang Theory set. we went on a Sunday AM - 0900hrs tour.

It was quiet on the tour... presume this could be because it was a Sunday? Maybe a good time to go if you don't want to see too much happening, but do want to see the sets!
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
winniethepooh
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are going at the end of June. I’ve seen online that they film it on a Tuesday
winniethepooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by winniethepooh View Post
We are going at the end of June. I’ve seen online that they film it on a Tuesday
They do film on a Tuesday. They start in August and are filming the last of this series tomorrow evening.

We went on a tour a few years ago and couldn't see the set. It was mid-August and I think they were prepping for the new series. The capsule that Howard went to the ISS was in one of the walk through exhibitions.

I was lucky enough to get tickets for a live taping of TBBT last year and it was amazing!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It's pot luck what you get to see, though they do usually ask when you're on the tram if there's anything specific you would like to see and if they can make it happen they do.

We saw Big Bang and Pretty Little Liars when we did it 2 yrs ago.

Loved the studio tour one of my favourite things in LA.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
winniethepooh
Excited about Disney

Thanks for your replies, if they are starting to film again in August then we will miss that as we leave mid July. I think my husband and older two would love it I’m just not sure about my 12 year old so need to give it some thought

Edited at 06:09 AM.
Old 24 Apr 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Originally Posted by winniethepooh View Post
Thanks for your replies, if they are starting to film again in August then we will miss that as we leave mid July. I think my husband and older two would love it I’m just not sure about my 12 year old so need to give it some thought
I'm pretty sure they keep the set up year round, so whilst you might not be able to see them film, you'd still get to see the set. I'd just contact WB and ask.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

people seem to have more luck getting to go to the BBT set of a weekend when they are not filming
kirkdalewdw is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

The sets are up all year, but moth balled when the show is on hiatus. Best chance of seeing it is during filming schedule, but on the off days of the week.

They do ask on the tram, but its really courtesy as they can't change which studio's they are allowed into.

Whichever studio you get to see, the Warner Bros Studio tour is very much worth doing.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List