Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Apr 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Best Place for iphone 8 in Florida?

Other than Apple themselves, where would be the best place to get an iphone 8 in Florida?
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

I bought mine at Costco on T-Mobile. I got $50 off immediately then got a gift card in the mail 3 months for $100. I live in the US and use T-mobile. If I had cancelled service I would not have got the $100 gift card.

You can get a phone on T-mobile, pay for it out right and unlock the phone 24 hours after purchase.
Old 26 Apr 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Another thought if you got a one on T-mobile and got it at the very beginning of your trip you could keep the pay and you go service to use during your holiday then cancel and unlock when you leave.
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I don’t see why you would want to buy an iPhone from anywhere other than apple because they are the same price everywhere and it’s better buying from apple as you get their worldwide warranty
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CookieMonster54 View Post
I don’t see why you would want to buy an iPhone from anywhere other than apple because they are the same price everywhere and it’s better buying from apple as you get their worldwide warranty
As posted above my phone was $50 cheaper then I got a $100 rebate. So I fact it was $150 cheaper than both the Apple and T-Mobile store.
Old 26 Apr 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CookieMonster54
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Ash View Post
As posted above my phone was $50 cheaper then I got a $100 rebate. So I fact it was $150 cheaper than both the Apple and T-Mobile store.
That’s different because you actually live in the US and I was replying to the OP who I assume is British and they wouldn’t be able to take advantage of your offer.
CookieMonster54 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CookieMonster54 View Post
That’s different because you actually live in the US and I was replying to the OP who I assume is British and they wouldn’t be able to take advantage of your offer.
The $50 off deal would, that was an instant saving offered by Costco.

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Disney Ash is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
soarinfan
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Out of curiosity - how do you unlock it 24 hours after you buy it from T-mobile?
soarinfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

How much would the duty be when you bring it back to the UK on top of the price of the phone?
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

I

Originally Posted by soarinfan View Post
Out of curiosity - how do you unlock it 24 hours after you buy it from T-mobile?
Because you are not tied to them with buying it outright. When I unlocked mine (I had owned it for a long time I just called them). It was when I was on the phone with them that they told me 24 hours. My sister in England was interested in buying one here to use there. I asked when I bought my phone at Costco the sales guy said you could do it right away.

If someone is at all serious I would definitely check to make sure before making any purchase. I was told by the call center approx 2 years ago and just this past feb by the guy in Costco. Seems like T-mobile like to switch things around quite often.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
Disney Ash is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List