Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Alcatraz Tickets

Hi, our dates are now available to book but can I just check that ihe official site to book them on is alcatrazcruises.com ?
We were looking forward to booking the night tour but they don’t have them on tues & wed We have already booked Dylan’s famous tour for our first full day on the Monday so don’t want to add Alcatraz to that day as I think we will be too tired to appreciate it. 3.50pm is the last tour of the day on Tuesdays.
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes, that's the right & official place to buy them from.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I think when we booked ours they added the night tours a few days later than the day ones. We didnt think there was a night one on the day we wanted to go but it appeared a few days later
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Night tours can take a few days to appear after the day tours are released.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hi

As an alternative you could do the following to get a pass with Alcatraz included.

In researching for the holiday I had decided to get the City Pass with Alcatraz option. In short, I phoned Alcatraz Cruises, booked our slot for the cruise and purchased my City Pass tickets. We then collected them at the Alcatraz Cruise ticket booth prior to our tour. The pass also included 3 days on the Muni public transport system, California Academy of Sciences, Aquarium of the Bay and Exploratorium/ or De Young Museum. We used the Muni passes quite a bit on the buses, but didn’t go on a cable car in the end as the queues were long. The Aquarium was good and the Academy of Sciences was excellent. It also had an aquarium, as well as a planetarium and a rain forest exhibit. We didn’t make it to the Exploratorium in the end, which was a shame as it sounds really good.
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We were at Alcatraz a month ago and it was awesome. We bought our tickets on 90 days from the site that you have identified. Alcatraz takes several hours. The audio tour is a 'not to be missed' and generally, I am not even a fan of an Audio tour. We went early, then spent the rest of that day on Fishermens wharf as well as catching a cable car (Powell line).

The Dylan's tour (free run to Sausalito, a few hours there, then a mini Bus trip to Muir woods before a drive back to San Francisco was a very full day. Whilst we work very hard on vacation, we certainly would not reccomend Alcatraz on the same day.

You can view the relevant part of our trip report, California N to South at Easter, if it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

The night tours are only on certain days - we were planning to do it on a Tuesday but they don't run then so we're having to do it as soon as we get to San Francisco from Yosemite!
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Thanks for your help everyone, it does appear that they only operate the night tours on certain days.

As It takes a few hours I think we will book the last tour of the day at 3.50pm that way we may get to see the sun setting over San Fran on the way back
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleT View Post
Thanks for your help everyone, it does appear that they only operate the night tours on certain days.

As It takes a few hours I think we will book the last tour of the day at 3.50pm that way we may get to see the sun setting over San Fran on the way back
Hey Michelle
We are having mirror image hols again I booked my Alcatraz tckts last week - so exciting! Are you doing Walk with Walt tour in Disney?
Old 27 Apr 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Hey Michelle
We are having mirror image hols again I booked my Alcatraz tckts last week - so exciting! Are you doing Walk with Walt tour in Disney?
Hi there, I know each time you book something we’re not too far behind you ! I’m not too sure if we will do the walk with Walt tour, we only have one day in each park so will most probably spend a lot of that time queuing

I would love to do a cirque show in Vegas so that’s next on my list to look into. You’ve now got 7 nights in Vegas haven’t you iirc, have you made any plans yet for your stay there ?