Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
My daughter is the same age and started getting spots like yours, I didn't want her to use harsh products that strip her skin, I remember from my younger days the more I used them the more my skin seemed to get irritated and it was a vicious circle. I took her to Lush and they recommended this uk.lush/products/cleanse...gels-bare-skin It's a miracle worker! Her skin is beautiful now, although her hormones are still raging! I also use it too and my difficult 40 year old skin has also never been better!
Never even thought about lush for my daughter, thanks for the recommendation, any excuse for her to go into lush lol, think she will also eye up a bath bomb or two 😉😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

I’m a big Dermalogica fan and use their products on myself, they also do a range called “clear start” which is aimed at teenagers.
My DD (12 next month) has been using it, it’s brilliant. They do a little starter kit-ideal for trying out the products.
JoJim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sudocrem... I know it’s not the most glamorous but it worked on a friends son... he used it at night and he has lovely skin...
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
There is a Boots own Tea Tree one that works really well, it’s often buy one get one half price and it lasts for ages. It’s in a pump bottle and it’s a liquid that turns into foam.
Thank you for your recommendation. I popped into boots this morning and picked some up. It was a buy one get one half price offer. Thank you, hopefully this will help
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter is the same age and started getting spots like yours, I didn't want her to use harsh products that strip her skin, I remember from my younger days the more I used them the more my skin seemed to get irritated and it was a vicious circle. I took her to Lush and they recommended this uk.lush/products/cleanse...gels-bare-skin It's a miracle worker! Her skin is beautiful now, although her hormones are still raging! I also use it too and my difficult 40 year old skin has also never been better!
Thank you for this. I don’t have a lush in my local town, I think the nearest one to me is about 1 hour away in the city. Can I order online with lush?
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Have you used a Witch stick on her spots? I swear by it and it works on my granddaughter who is a similar age.
I just picked one of these up in my local boots. Thank you for your recommendation
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
What is her diet like? Too many processed foods, too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3 oils in her diet will cause this as well as hormones.
Omega 3 causes the oils in your skin to be more liquid so they don't clog up so easily but it's the ratio of 3 to 6 that matters not the total amount - this is why many people think fish oils don't work, because they are still eating masses of omega 6 in processed oils ( including those used to make cakes etc)
Her diet is not great to be honest. Eats very little fruit and veg. When she was younger she ate it all but as she got older not so much. She isn’t a junk food eater, not a fan of sweets or chocolate but loves crisps and savoury snacks. I will persuade her to eat more fruit and veg, drink lots more water and maybe look into vitamins and see what’s best for her. Thanks for your reply
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Try to avoid using make up to cover it up- If she is it can make it worse ! When my friends went through this a few went to the docotors and were subscribed something!
Thankfully she is not into make up just yet. If nothings works then I think I will arrange a doctors appointment and see what they say. Thanks for your reply
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I swear by this cream.

tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/262366223

You can get it in lots of places.

Encouraging her to drink lots of water, that's probably your best bet. Avoid greasy stuff, but as you say above, she doesn't sound like she eats a lot of crap.

To be honest, it's just that age. Try and avoid covering with make up if possible. Skin needs to breathe.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for this. I don’t have a lush in my local town, I think the nearest one to me is about 1 hour away in the city. Can I order online with lush?