Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
We arrived back this morning after 11 nights on site and overall it wasn’t a great experience. There were a couple of highs but far too many lows. A lot of those lows were because Disney just aren’t employing enough staff and a lot of the ones they do have are too overworked for even basic customer service. Grubby restrooms, dirty tables, litter. They’ve got people on every corner to sell you DVC, or bubble wands, but not enough to do the meaningful jobs. We were so looking forward to it and in the end we were just making the best of it. 😢
A sad story. You are also correct about the bubble wands etc. The service in the gift shops is also very on point usually as well.
I am going to be looking very closely in 2 weeks and will give my opinion then for what it’s worth.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Good use of apostrophes in this thread.😂
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
A sad story. You are also correct about the bubble wands etc. The service in the gift shops is also very on point usually as well.
I am going to be looking very closely in 2 weeks and will give my opinion then for what it’s worth.
What annoys me is the way these new 'pop up' little carts appear in the pathways bang on the really busy times

Thus you get a crowded path after a Parade etc where nobody can move very well anyhow and they make it worse by pushing a cart in and selling the usual tat!

The message therefore is you can wait because we can squeeze another few bucks out of the masses. Plus if we hold you up the lines for the rides will be shorter and we can employ less ride staff.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Apart from the dining experience, particularly Signature we find the experience as Magical as ever.
Rarely we find the grumpy CM and if so they are completely ignored.
OKW is as fantastic as it was in its opening years (although a few "nostalgic" highlights have changed.
We have found fantastic bars and quick food for our now adult enjoyment.
We still do the parks but it's in and out using fast passes or strolling Epcot.
Grandchildren growing so MK will be visited more but will avoid the madness of long waits!
Prices have gone barmy yes, we buy no or very little merchandise and "fill up" on the balcony before bar crawls!
TIW and DVC discounts are used to the max.
Our first trip was 40 years ago which was very different, those photos look like a different world!
It is an unbelievably expensive addiction admittedly and one that we are lucky enough to know the old timers tricks of the trade.
I hope it doesn't put you off.
Hopefully the pound dollar exchange changes and the next trip is cheaper and more enjoyable.😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’d disagree the service is “fantastic” as a long time visitor and an ex cast member so very much aware of what Disney’s expectations were , standards simply have declined. Yes there is an element of “you don’t miss what you have never had” but lots of people have a decade or two for comparison.
We have voted with our feet. My husband isn’t bothered if he never visits Disney again (apart from Typhoon Lagoon he says) I’m not as extreme but I’m happy to wait til EPCOT is sorted before adding it back onto our Florida trips.
I said the service we have received has been fantastic. So unsure how you can actually disagree with that.

Also a long time visitor here.
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
What annoys me is the way these new 'pop up' little carts appear in the pathways bang on the really busy times

Thus you get a crowded path after a Parade etc where nobody can move very well anyhow and they make it worse by pushing a cart in and selling the usual tat!

The message therefore is you can wait because we can squeeze another few bucks out of the masses. Plus if we hold you up the lines for the rides will be shorter and we can employ less ride staff.
But surely you’re kidding yourself if you think this is remotely a new thing? I’m 100% certain if you went back 20 years they’d be doing they same thing regards to the little carts. (In fact I’m willing to bet it was done on the opening day in 1971). Of course they’re are going to put them where the biggest footfall is as it would be pointless otherwise.

It’s the same as supermarkets putting sweets at the checkout so little kids can persuade their parents to buy them something while they are queuing 😊

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
But surely you’re kidding yourself if you think this is remotely a new thing? I’m 100% certain if you went back 20 years they’d be doing they same thing regards to the little carts. (In fact I’m willing to bet it was done on the opening day in 1971). Of course they’re are going to put them where the biggest footfall is as it would be pointless otherwise.

It’s the same as supermarkets putting sweets at the checkout so little kids can persuade their parents to buy them something while they are queuing 😊
I agree ref ones they have had for years.

These are shiny chrome new ones. I know this as I am sad and like looking at new kit!

These come and go during the day not so much like the older ones.

For example a line formed in AK where they take photos of you on one of the two paths leading up to where it becomes one and the tree of life is in front of you. Darn me a cart appeared selling water/soda and fans. 10 mins later the line went and it disappeared.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

These are shiny chrome new ones. I know this as I am sad and like looking at new kit!

For example a line formed in AK where they take photos of you on one of the two paths leading up to where it becomes one and the tree of life is in front of you. Darn me a cart appeared selling water/soda and fans. 10 mins later the line went and it disappeared.
That’s just business though. A queue of people standing waiting for a pic in the hot sun. Why wouldn’t you attempt to sell these very hot people drinks and fans?

This is not a Disney thing, it happens in sea world, universal studios et al.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I know you have lost the disney magic and are aggrieved about disney pulling the last cent from the guests pocket

but while these carts are designed to sell you stuff, you could also say " they are saving you time to look for a store to buy that soda / water or fan " all part of the pixie dust magic

glass 1/2 full
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I said the service we have received has been fantastic. So unsure how you can actually disagree with that.

Also a long time visitor here.

Perhaps your idea of “fantastic” and mine are different.
For me checking family into a deluxe hotel and finding the carpet sopping wet , having to ask for a room change rather than be offered it, no apology and the replacement room overlooking a pool empty under maintenance complete with diggers (at this point the grandkids were dropping as it was their travel day so we didn’t ask for another room as it was at least dry) is not “fantastic” customer service. On the same trip my husband suffered a panic attack when a ride broke down , the lead handled it incredibly badly and table service dining was incredibly inconsistent both in food standards and service. Overall my feeling is if Disney charge top dollar , which they do, then they need to be consistently solid in service , I know as an ex cast member as well as a long time guest what the standard should be and how Disney just don’t perform to the same standard anymore. The hard product is still great, the soft product simply isn’t.

I’ve had fantastic service in many previous visits but this one was a major drop and with so many other good options around and no tinies for midday breaks Disney has become very poor value for money and not worth the premium we’ve happily paid for the last 29 years. To balance out the same trip we ourselves stayed at the Boardwalk and the service was impeccable but cross the lake to the BeachClub (where I’ve stayed before and adored) and the drop was noticeable.

Edited at 11:57 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List