Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 May 09, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yum yum and more yum!

Thanks for these...we have now upgraded and booked the dlx plan in Oct as a result of being so inspired by your reviews! Hope to try some of the fish and veggie dishes, so thanks again!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I had to have another look at all the food

2007 was a great year for the DP, especially the tips being included.

I have since been told it was the labour laws in American that made Disney change their policy on including the tips
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 09, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Yum yum and more yum!

Thanks for these...we have now upgraded and booked the dlx plan in Oct as a result of being so inspired by your reviews! Hope to try some of the fish and veggie dishes, so thanks again!
Thank you. I really hope you enjoy the deluxe plan, we loved it and are looking forward to doing it again in September.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 09, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie28 View Post
I had to have another look at all the food

2007 was a great year for the DP, especially the tips being included.

I have since been told it was the labour laws in American that made Disney change their policy on including the tips
I loved the DDP back in 2007, not sure how disney made any money on it but it was great for us!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 09, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Le Cellier

We had a 1:20 lunch reservation here, as they were full for dinner pretty much our entire trip!

We didn't wait long to be seated, and it seemed busy but not chaotic. The tables are very close together in here, so I didn't want to take too many flash photos.

Appetisers
Cheese soup - everyone raves about this but I thought it was just ok. It was very thick, and with the bacon in it reminded me a bit of carbonara sauce.
Tomato Stack - lots of tomato but not enough mozerella.

Mains
Fillet Steak with Cherry glaze- the steak was cooked perfectly medium rare and was good quality meat. It was served with sweet potato mash which was very tasty, but I couldn't really taste the cherries in the cherry sauce.
Squash Raviolli- the pasta was nicely cooked, but the peppers overpowered the flavour of the squash.

Desserts
Smores - good, cookies nice and soft, pretty, fun dessert.
Chocolate Whiskey cake - nice cake but we couldn't taste any whiskey.
Old 23 May 09, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Mama Melroses

I'd seen lots of bad reviews for this place, but we both like italian food so decided to give it a try for lunch. Check-in was very busy, they were turning away walk-ups and lots of people were milling around waiting to be seated. We actually only waited about 5 minutes before being shown to a table though.

Appetisers
Bruschetta- This was a huge portion. Lots of thin slices of cheese topped bread with tangy tomatoes.

Artisan Breads and Spreads - again huge portion, good selection of breads with a few dips.

Mains
Chicken Parmigana- big bowl of plain spaghetti, topped with a breaded chicken breast and tomato and cheese sauce. The sauce was ok, and the chicken was tasty and moist.

Four Cheese Flatbread- good, typical stonebaked pizza.

Desserts
Crema Limone - this was the sugar free option and was surprisingly good. Light, lemony custard, with strawberries and raspberries. The biscotti contained dried fruit and was great for dipping in the custard. A very nice dessert.

Tiramisu - very nice, rich and creamy but not enough coffee flavour and DH couldn't taste any alcohol in it.

Overall we enjoyed this meal, service was a little rushed but we liked most of the food.
Old 25 May 09, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

That was exellent!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Saff-Bunny View Post
That was exellent!
Thank you very much.

I've been a bit slack with these reports, and I'm off to Mexico tomorrow (finally!), but I'll definitely complete these when I return.
Old 31 May 09, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Stop it! You are making my mouth water!

Had a chuckle at the 'sausage ' picture though!
Glad I'm not the only one to laugh out loud at the photo...I thought it was just me
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 09, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
MMMM!

Have a fab time in Mexico!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List