Old 3 May 13, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
14 nights - A fair amount of food!

Its time for another food report. A full trippy will be written eventually but here is the best part in the mean time!

Just the two of us again on this trip, Me Abi & OH Aaron. We are both serous food lovers but I had been following Slimming world in the year running up to this trip and I just couldn't keep up with our normal eating pace! I gave it a good go though 3.5lb gained on this trip which is a serious blessing!

So here we go starting with the plane food...that i refused So instead it was a yummy Cafe Nero ham & cheese sandwich with the additional bits on offer from Virgin.

On our fist night at SSR we headed over to DTD for our first visit to the very popular Wolfgang Puck Express!

It was the meatloaf for me

While Aaron had the chicken strips

For pud we shared a creme brulee

All was yummy and we would definitely recommend!

Edited at 12:55 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 1 and we headed to Animal Kingdom! Breakfast consisted of a glazed donut twist for Aaron and the much sought after jalapeno pretzel for me!

We couldn't agree on lunch to two quick service locations were visited.

Flame Tree BBQ for me where i had the chicken and rib combo

Yak & Yeti for Aaron where he had the sweet and sour chicken, followed by a gorgeous frozen lemonade (lemon sorbet!)

For dinner we went to Boma, this is now cemented as my absolute favourite restaurant in Florida. On both our DDP trips we have visited twice and we will be more than willing to pay OOP on our next Idrive trip too!

We started with a couple of coctails as we waited for our ADR time, a chocolate martini for me and a margarita for Aaron

Then here's what was devoured in the restaurant...

Oh boy it was good!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 2 was spent in the Magic Kingdom. Breakfast was had at Gastons Tavern.

A Cinnamon roll each and a La Frews brew for me!

All delicious!

Pecos Bills was decided on for lunch.

Aaron had the 1/3lb Angus burger whilst I had the pulled pork burger. Both were fabulous portions and we made the most of the toppings bar!

Dinner was at Ohana. We had a really long wait for our table which put a dampener on the experience but the food could not be faulted!

You have seen similar photos many times but here goes!

I could just eat some of the dessert right now!

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Old 3 May 13, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 3 began at Epcot. Breakfast was a shared pretzel

We grabbed a Flower & Garden festival snack form the Cottage in the UK pavilion. A goats brie parcel with fruit chutney. Yum!

Aaron grabbed a beer from Japan - Kirin Ichiiban with a frozen lime topping - he loved it

Lunch was at Le Cellier

We started off with the bread which didn't disappoint.

Before moving onto steak! We couldn't decide between the Filet & the Ribeye so we ordered one of each and went halves!

OMG were these delicious! Both cooked M/R to perfection. it was really lovely to have them both at the same time so you could directly compare flavours ect. The filet was a smoother steak but the ribeye had some serious flavour going on! My ideal dish would be the ribeye with the mushroom risotto!

Pudding for me was a cappuccino dessert

Aaron had the coconut 3 ways.

Both a bit disappointing

That filled us up so much we had to bypass dinner!
Old 3 May 13, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 4 we headed to Artist Pallete for breaky!

Aaron had the bounty platter

I had the breakfast croissant

Both were quite nice, nothing amazing though.

We headed to Typhoon Lagoon after that I had a donut to keep me going until dinner - It was yummy!

Our dinner was at House of Blues! We had a Restaurant.com voucher and so had to spend a minimum of $100 including drinks so a few cocktails were in order!

I had the Sangria! It came in a souvenir glass which I normally hate but I loved this one!

To start we shared the BBQ chicken flatbread - very nice!

And for mains we both went for the buttermilk fired chicken! We had tried this in Vegas and couldn't wait to have it again! It didn't disappoint! We each literally had just short of an entire chicken on our plates!

Dessert was a banana fosters bread pudding - again something we had tried before and it was just as good this time round!

Old 3 May 13, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Day 5 we returned to Animal Kingdom. We shared a dirt and worm sundea for breakfast! Well we are on holiday!

Lunch was at Yak and Yeti again. We shared the sweet and sour chicken and the beef lo mein. Very nice indeed!

In the afternoon before our dinner at narcoossees we headed over to DTD for a cocktail. T-rex was our choice and it was a good one!

Aaron had a Coronarita and I had a Coton-tini - It came with a massive piece of candy floss in the glass but i didn't manage a photo before the drink was poured on top

So, onto Narcoossees for dinner.

We shared the lovely bread to start, a sour dough loaf if i remember rightly.

We then both had the strip steak! Cooked very well again but not as good as our Le Cellier steaks.

Pudding was the almond cheesecake for Aaron

While I had the Melted chocolate mouse.

Both amazing but so unbelievably rich that neither of us could finish!
Old 3 May 13, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Absolutely gorgeous looking food, I could quite happily eat any of it right now! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Looking good! We loved the almond crusted cheesecake to!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We are going to a couple of these places next wekk so I'm super excited to see your photos - thanks for taking them!

Karen.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 13, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

wow - the beer in japan with frozen lime topping! that's just genius!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List