Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Feb 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile February Half-Term .. Highs and Lows

Just back from 4 days in Paris for Disneyland, we stayed in Residhome at Val D’Europe, and here are my highs and lows:

Highs:
Closeness to the tube and one stop away from Disneyland - really couldn’t fault the tube and how easy it was to use!

Theming - having been to DisneyWorld a lot of times, I was worried I would find DisneyLand a let down... couldn’t be further from the truth - I loved it! You can’t compare the two for size, but the theming and feelings were the same!

Illuminations - now I am a Wishes LOVER... but I still really really enjoyed illuminations - really atmospheric and magical - you’d be a fool to miss it.

Disney Village - loved how close it was to everything and to leave the park and go get a cheap lunch was easy peasy ... the hot wine was a god send too

Queues - we stayed February half term Wednesday - Sunday, (stayed away from the parks on Saturday) and found the queue times very reasonable, apart from the Sunday. As an example Buzz was 20 minutes and Hyperspace mountain 15 minutes Wednesday to Friday. My advice would be definitely go mid-week if you can - Sunday was another story with queues at 60 minutes and upwards for almost all ‘big’ rides. Don’t get me wrong- the queue times on Sunday weren’t a major disappointment as we’d done all the rides the previous days and Sunday was only our ‘mop up day’

Lows:
Smoking - people don’t follow the rules at all, and cast members seem to do nothing ... people smoke wherever they want, queues included, and it really was a bit uncomfortable.

Rudeness - I actually got pushed in the Ralph Lauren store at Val D’Europe, it was really busy and someone physically shoved me out of their way! I found a lot of rude people, and a lot of times when walking about I found people didn’t move to one side when approaching you - only a little thing but it was noticeable to me.

Queue jumping - this is an absolute pet hate of mine, but on numerous occasions people were holding line for their families and then all piling on later in the queue, holding it up for everyone!

All in, I had a fabulous time, my fear of being disappointed when comparing it to DisneyWorld were unfounded, and I am already trying to find a date to go back!
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a brilliant time. We love DLP. It's not the same as WDW, but it is still magical.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

That's great to hear as we are going to DLP for the 1st time.
Glad you had a lovely time.
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great trip.
Old 20 Jun 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I absolutely HATE queue jumping! When I visited DLP a few years ago there was a group of foreign students who were trying to reach another group of friends ahead of us in the Haunted Mansion queue. After making several loud comments we just decided to link arms and stand in a line across the whole queue so they physically couldn't get past us without literally manhandling us, and believe it that would have not gone down well! They gave us some really filthy looks but managed to get on the ride at the same time anyway as the entrance halls bit fits a lot of people. Was probably quite childish on our part but if I've queued up what gives you the right to jump in... it's making me angry just writing it lol.

On another note I used to work at DLP many years ago and was 'friends' with a few characters and I have to say that the guests at DLP are literally some of the rudest people you will meet. They would hit you to get your attention so you would sign an autograph for them, not their child, and literally yank you around. For the record, if you're rude to a character it wont get you anywhere and they will probably give the attention first to the child that's been waiting patiently and whose parents are telling them to wait their turn (I may be biased but it was definitely the British families who were the best behaved! )

That went on bit of a tangent... sorry!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the Highs & Lows, i'm off to DLP in a couple of weeks and it was really helpful.

Good to know that Disney Village is so close to pop out for some lunch, and that it gets super busy on a Sunday. sadly i'm just there for a weekend but I will prepare for the queues.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List