Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 11 Mar 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Vale Girl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Question for all you techie people on the Dibb

I have a few purchased DVDs that came with free digital downloads which I have now downloaded to my iPad. Will I be able to view these on a flight to Tenerife tomorrow when my iPad will be in airplane mode? Sorry if this is a really simple question but I am technically challenged!
Vale Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Yes you'll be able to do that no problem. You can always put it on airplane mode now and test it.
Old 11 Mar 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Vale Girl

Der! why didn't I think of that... told you I was technically challenged. Thanks I'll give it a go.
Vale Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You’ll definitely be able too, as long as they are downloaded then you can access them whenever! I usually always watch downloaded films when on the plane
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vale Girl

I've just tried to watch a film in airplane mode and it won't let me watch it. It says 'please turn off airplane mode or use wi-fi to access data'. Where am I going wrong?
Old 11 Mar 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In WiFi mode play for at least 1 minute then stop it change into airplane mode & try again - can’t promise it’ll work but worth a try
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I am far from an expert in this - but I think Ipad can only play files which have been converted to mp4 format - other ones you will need an app. And the best ones I think you have to pay for.

I have used 2 previously - but have not used them for some time - the ones I had were nplayer and proplayer - nplayer has 3 versions - middle one is £4.99 I have the nplayer plus but cannot see the prices as it's installed

I don't know which app others use - or maybe they justwatch mp4 files.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Vale Girl

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I've got it working now. it seems that I had only redeemed the digital copy via the code supplied with the DVDs to allow me to watch it on my iPad online but had not actually downloaded it to watch it offline. All films now downloaded ready for the flight tomorrow. Fingers crossed.