Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 27 Feb 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh pretzels and melted cheese!
Those ducks are just the cutest in their diddy hats
Another great day. you're certainly making the most of Boston even with the sub zero weather

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh pretzels and melted cheese!
Those ducks are just the cutest in their diddy hats
Another great day. you're certainly making the most of Boston even with the sub zero weather
We had some great food in Boston actually, the Mexican the day before was probably my favourite but then anything tastes good with a margarita! Today with the 2 Irish pubs was another good one. Goodness that pretzel and fondue cheese was so yummy, just salty and gooey, I could definitely eat it now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m struggling to write a comment as I just keep thinking about the food photos from both Irish pubs, oh my word it all looks very tasty. And I’m also having a bit giggle about the Ducks as I carefully check my spelling They do look very cute. Mmm-pretzel, I’m also wondering whether that cocktail needs a cherry...I’m going to have to go and investigate! Too distracted now
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m struggling to write a comment as I just keep thinking about the food photos from both Irish pubs, oh my word it all looks very tasty. And I’m also having a bit giggle about the Ducks as I carefully check my spelling They do look very cute. Mmm-pretzel, I’m also wondering whether that cocktail needs a cherry...I’m going to have to go and investigate! Too distracted now
OB1 those 2 Irish pubs were delish. The pretzel and cheese was to die for, we happily would have had seconds of that.

The ducks/chickens was such a funny dibb conversation. Definitely not my finest post ever, and certainly karma coming round to bite me on the butt, I like to think I've learned my lesson with smart ≈≈≈≈ comments but it is extremely unlikely as I am ridiculously sarcastic in both real life and on the dibb .

I'm glad that we have entertained you tonight!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I can’t get the top off the St. Germain...will have to wait till the hubby returns from watching the football...so have settled for Scottish Bramble Gin in my Prosecco! Off to catch up with the rest of the trip
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I can’t get the top off the St. Germain...will have to wait till the hubby returns from watching the football...so have settled for Scottish Bramble Gin in my Prosecco! Off to catch up with the rest of the trip
I think it's a wise decision to read the rest of the report with a drink in hand! I imagine it will make it much more entertaining

I always use a morello cherry (that I would use for baking) instead of the special maraschino cherries they use in cocktails! I'm great at adapting the cocktails I make at home bear little resemblance to the cocktails I drink elsewhere.

I'm impressed you have St German in the house though...and also, this has inspired me to make sure I always list the ingredients of cocktails I drink in future trip reports, that I am yet to embark upon let alone write about!

I will join you, I'm off to pour a gin and tonic. Note to self, reply to the rest of your comments in the morning not after the gin and tonic later this evening, I think that's how the whole ducks mess started last time around .

Old 31 Mar 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ah, your DS. He cracks me up, he's great. Love his faces.
Another great day,some fab sights there. Loving the food from today, that fondue sounds the business. Nice cocktail choice too, with the fancy cherry in there as well!
I'm looking at your dinner. Does the filling not actually make it inside the pie then? posh de constructed pot pie ? Looked yum anyway.

And muffins are much inferior to Xmas biccies for brekky !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah, your DS. He cracks me up, he's great. Love his faces.
Another great day,some fab sights there. Loving the food from today, that fondue sounds the business. Nice cocktail choice too, with the fancy cherry in there as well!
I'm looking at your dinner. Does the filling not actually make it inside the pie then? posh de constructed pot pie ? Looked yum anyway.

And muffins are much inferior to Xmas biccies for brekky !
His faces are funny aren't they? You are absolutely right about the muffin being a far inferior choice for breakfast.

The cocktail was yummy. The pie was more of a casserole on the plate with a little bit of pastry popped on top! It was a tasty filling for the pie though so I'm glad there was so much of it. I guess it was more of a deconstructed pie.

Old 3 May 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I decided that this would be a "shop from the pantry" week...so even with supplementing meals with bits from my wonderful new freezer (BEST GIFT EVER, R.C.!) it's getting to be pim slickings 'round here. And the only cheese left in the house is an itty-bitty Parmesan rind that I'm saving for a soup.

So when I saw that fondue...I tell you, I nearly licked my laptop screen. YUM.

And then more lovely food...with me off to prepare our glamourous
dinner of boxed risotto and tap water.

Sorry, I'd better say something that's not food-related!...it looks like the ducks are hatted year-round?

Poot snapped them in their Easter bonnets back in 2016...but I think I prefer the wooly ones.

I'm going to have a little Google and see who hats them...

Just says "a neighbourhood tradition"...but apparently somebody put them in "p*ssy" hats a while back!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I decided that this would be a "shop from the pantry" week...so even with supplementing meals with bits from my wonderful new freezer (BEST GIFT EVER, R.C.!) it's getting to be pim slickings 'round here. And the only cheese left in the house is an itty-bitty Parmesan rind that I'm saving for a soup.

So when I saw that fondue...I tell you, I nearly licked my laptop screen. YUM.

And then more lovely food...with me off to prepare our glamourous
dinner of boxed risotto and tap water.

Sorry, I'd better say something that's not food-related!...it looks like the ducks are hatted year-round?

Poot snapped them in their Easter bonnets back in 2016...but I think I prefer the wooly ones.

I'm going to have a little Google and see who hats them...

Just says "a neighbourhood tradition"...but apparently somebody put them in "p*ssy" hats a while back!
Oh, I'm happy to be reminded as it was a lovely fondue. Now I'm thinking I might have to do camembert tiger loaf tear and share one day over the bank holiday we all love that!

I hope your risotto was tasty.

I quite like the idea that the ducks are never hatless! How lovely is that? I'm thinking pretty red ones for Valentine's, maybe some red, white and blue for 4th July, halloween pumpkin hats... I'm on a roll now coming up with ideas!

Hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend. I managed to finish a little early today so got home at 5pm! I'm already in the garden .

PS I keep seeing your cruise, NYC and Orlando trip report popping up in the trip reports thread, surely there's no one left on the dibb who hasn't read it ... I must check in as I imagine I've missed all sorts of shenanigans, I'm not sure how I managed to unsubscribe myself.