Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Apr 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Help with London underground

Hi guys, were off to London tomorrow for the day. Getting the train into Euston then going to the Emirates stadium, then Westminster area.

Couple of questions, 1) are these zone 1 & 2? The second one is, we are going as a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids under 10). What type of travel card should I get to go to these locations for all of us? When ive been before by myself I've just scanned my debit card in and out, but I'm looking for the best option for all of us.

Many thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Think the stadium is zone 2 but the rest is zone 1. A day travel card might work for each of you. Make sure you get one that isn't restricted to certain times like off peak. Children under 11 travel free I think. Check out the most up to date info on the tfl website to be sure though.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The stadium is in is in zone 2, the others are zone 1.

Children under 11 are free to travel on the tube when accompanied by a PAYG adult, it's up to 4 children per adult so you'd be fine. So I would tap your debit card as you've done in the past. Just go to the wider access gate instead of the normal ones - these are often staffed as well. Info here:

tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...-with-children

One potential issue you might have with Westminster is that the District line has a strike tomorrow. This shouldn't affect you on the routes you're planning, but may make the station more crowded due to the reduced service. Coming from the stadium, I would get the Piccadilly line from Arsenal to Piccadilly and walk from there, or to Green Park (also walkable from here) and change to the Jubilee line to Westminster if you want to reduce walking.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you so much guys, I'm really grateful. That's why I love this forum, so many friendly helpful people
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are just back from a few days break in London. The underground was easy with the kids, we used contactless credit cards to pay and just went through the wider gates with the kids. It was all really quite straightforward.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List