Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Mar 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Such a helpful post thank you so much. Really informative, much appreciated !

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Updated to include 2019 pricing.
I’m now wondering whether it would be nice to upgrade us so we can do the TS meals
Cost would be 17x3x16 so £816 for the stay - I’m not sure it’s worth it? Do many people do this?
We are not massive eaters but I really like the idea of the TS and think we’ll not get the chance to do this
We paid OOP last time and it seemed so expensive when you do a few!
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by justmagical View Post
I’m now wondering whether it would be nice to upgrade us so we can do the TS meals
Cost would be 17x3x16 so £816 for the stay - I’m not sure it’s worth it? Do many people do this?
We are not massive eaters but I really like the idea of the TS and think we’ll not get the chance to do this
A lot of people do, but it's not for us as we don't want a TS meal every day. We prefer to stick with the QSDP (which is plenty of food) and pay for 3-4 TS meals that we'd like to do. It works out cheaper for us too as to upgrade for 4 of us for 2 weeks is £952! Plus on top of that you'll need to budget for tips every day, so that adds on a few hundred pounds too.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 02:17 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We always either upgrade or book a deluxe so DDP is included. We prefer the TS meals. For more than 2 people in a room often OKW or SSR is cheaper than a moderate with upgraded dining plan.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

We have done it both ways and prefer upgrading to TS. The time we paid OOP I was horrified at the prices. We go for several 2 x TS signature credit meals to give us a few nights of chilling by pool. We normally only get 2 QS meals between 3 of us as portions so big. This means we have enough WS credits for nights we aren't doing TS.
Eating TS feels like a real treat after a busy day in park.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tessiebear
Getting to know the DIBB

Upgrading

Help please! We are staying at CBR in July and have 2x rooms (2 families, one of 3 and one of 4 all over 10) with qsp. Can we upgrade just one of the rooms to ddp and share the table service meals between us all only not sure we would benefit from table service every night for all as we want to eat outside some nights also? So for example upgrade the 4 person room I make it would give us 8 table service meals each for 7 of us right? (and obviously share some qs meals in exchange)? Can it work like that, will the band let us pay for 7 at one sitting if there are only 3 booked in the room? Many thanks x

Edited at 11:06 PM.
Tessiebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tessiebear View Post
Help please! We are staying at CBR in July and have 2x rooms (2 families, one of 3 and one of 4 all over 10) with qsp. Can we upgrade just one of the rooms to ddp and share the table service meals between us all only not sure we would benefit from table service every night for all as we want to eat outside some nights also? So for example upgrade the 4 person room I make it would give us 8 table service meals each for 7 of us right? (and obviously share some qs meals in exchange)? Can it work like that, will the band let us pay for 7 at one sitting if there are only 3 booked in the room? Many thanks x
I think you can upgrade one room, but you might be better off starting a new thread to ask as you'll get more replies.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tessiebear View Post
I know that everyone in the room has to be upgraded but not sure if it’s everyone on the booking. If they let you just upgrade one room then you can definitely use the credits for everyone.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jampxx
Excited about Disney

Hi,

I have heard you can use swap one QS credit for 3 snack credits. Can I swap my drink as part of this for an additional snack credit? So effectively get 4 snacks?

Sorry if this has answered before. Lots of posts!
jampxx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jampxx View Post
Hi,

I have heard you can use swap one QS credit for 3 snack credits. Can I swap my drink as part of this for an additional snack credit? So effectively get 4 snacks?

Sorry if this has answered before. Lots of posts!
You can't swap 1qs credit for 4 snack credits in total (3 plus the drink). You can either swap a qs credit for 3 snack credits, or have the main meal and just swap the drink for a snack. However, not all places allow you to do either of these. Resort food courts are usually the most flexible. We've also swapped 1 qs credit fir 3 snack credits at the various Starbucks and the food booths during the flower festival, so assume you can also do it at the food and wine festival.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List