Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Apr 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by nanasamboy View Post
It’s included in the DDP. You can notify at time of booking but there’s no need to, really. Just ask for an allergy menu at your ADR and you’ll see what is suitable. Highly recommend the allergy waffles, available at most breakfast locations
Thank you .. I’m torn because I love all the gluten stuffed stodgy food,. Or I did til I stopped eating it after Christmas.. not even that fussed now but when I see the waffles and pancakes I might 😂
Old 13 Apr 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Opulent73 View Post
I have a question .. I have chosen gluten free as I appear to have an intolerance.. it’s not the end of the world if I eat it but I feel a bit sluggish, runny nose and some trembles or occasional stomach pain.. but I don’t have to avoid it. I just prefer to.

So can you go to the menu and see if it’s gluten free or do I always have to tell them?

Next question.. do you pay more for it? Is it included in the DDP?
If its quick serve... ie you queue up then they have an allergy menu at the order point.

If its a table service then they should have a menu too but often the chef comes out and tells you what you can eat / they can cook for you.

I'm coeliac and eat so well at Disney!
Old 13 Apr 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
If its quick serve... ie you queue up then they have an allergy menu at the order point.

If its a table service then they should have a menu too but often the chef comes out and tells you what you can eat / they can cook for you.

Do you give advanced notice when booking or just turn up ?
Old 13 Apr 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Sorry for hijacking OP...

My DD (11) and I are Coeliac too and after speaking with the special diets team they sent over a menu listing and it seemed to be mainly chicken nuggets and prepacked brownies or choc chip cookies at QS locations.

Do you have any QS places you would recommend that offer something different/healthy for us?
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Sorry for hijacking OP...

My DD (11) and I are Coeliac too and after speaking with the special diets team they sent over a menu listing and it seemed to be mainly chicken nuggets and prepacked brownies or choc chip cookies at QS locations.

Do you have any QS places you would recommend that offer something different/healthy for us?
A lot of QS are burger / pizza / nuggets so I did eat alot of these I was so pleased that I could eat a normal meal without fuss.

Flametree at animal kingdom does chicken / ribs /pulled pork. ABC commissary at HS does chicken mash veg, or steak. I had Jacket potatoes in HS too.

Wolfgang puck in Disney Springs did a beautiful Salmon, and also chicken.

I did sit for hours working out best options. I went through every QS menu, looked at their allergy menu and noted where / what I'd like to eat, then kept that as notes on my phone so whichever park we were in I knew where the best gf options were.

I did use glutenfreedairyfreewdw/ too for recommendations. I'll see if I can dig out my notes.

It sounds quite sad I did all this but honestly, it stopped us faffing in the parks and when DH and our sons can grab anything anywhere it made it so much easier I knew where to go.

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Momofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
ooh and Be our Guest did a fab pork dinner too, the photo doesn't do it justice.
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

A lot of QS are burger / pizza / nuggets so I did eat alot of these I was so pleased that I could eat a normal meal without fuss.

Flametree at animal kingdom does chicken / ribs /pulled pork. ABC commissary at HS does chicken mash veg, or steak. I had Jacket potatoes in HS too.

Wolfgang puck in Disney Springs did a beautiful Salmon, and also chicken.

I did sit for hours working out best options. I went through every QS menu, looked at their allergy menu and noted where / what I'd like to eat, then kept that as notes on my phone so whichever park we were in I knew where the best gf options were.

I did use glutenfreedairyfreewdw/ too for recommendations. I'll see if I can dig out my notes.

It sounds quite sad I did all this but honestly, it stopped us faffing in the parks and when DH and our sons can grab anything anywhere it made it so much easier I knew where to go.
Wow that would be amazing yes please... dm me if it’s easier for you.

I can manage easily without food for long periods but DD can’t and quite rightly shouldn’t so that would be a huge help knowing where I can get her something quickly.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Originally Posted by shona View Post
Sorry forgot to add for a special treat the Cheesecake factory do a gluten free Godiva Cheesecake which is gorgeous but be warned quite expensive!
Never been before .. sounds delicious
Old 15 Apr 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

They all sound delicious, thanks for sharing everyone 👍🏻😁
Old 16 May 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cakes and angel
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Does anyone have the email address for special diets as the one on the first post has just been sent back as undeliverable! Thanks
2023: MNSSHP
cakes and angel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets