Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Apr 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved it!

The lady told us the only resort available is copper creek at WL - is this tactical as we said WL was our fave?!
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
Loved it!

The lady told us the only resort available is copper creek at WL - is this tactical as we said WL was our fave?!
I don't think so, as Copper Creek is the newest resort.

I imagine they will start selling the new Riviera resort soon as its currently under construction.
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I don't think so, as Copper Creek is the newest resort.

I imagine they will start selling the new Riviera resort soon as its currently under construction.
We're at WL now sat by Bay Lake... it's just amazing!
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved it!

No, not tactical - they were only selling aulani (Hawaii), copper creek and Polynesian - but the poly could be technically sold out.

But if you really wanted a different resort you should ask. I would recommend looking at resale though. When we bought BLT in 2010 we paid about $110 per point. The price is much higher now and I’m not sure the value is as good.
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Loads of info on this thread about how it works.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=823621

Also remember you have to pay annual dues, And the cost of annual dues would get you basic accommodation in Orlando, so it’s not free accommodation it’s an opportunity to stay in upgraded accommodation. We pay £600-£800/year and get to stay at The Boardwalk or other deluxe resort. We would never be able to stay there normally so it’s a thrill for me every time we stay.

And you still need to book flights and buy tickets. And you don’t get free Dining, so all of these expenses have to be factored into your future holiday costs.
This is key for me. Where do you normally stay? We never would have stayed at a deluxe for more than a night and would have always hired a car even if on site. We always preferred better food and more frequent holidays to expensive accommodation. So for us the annual dues would have come to nearly as much as our usual accommadation. The savings they quote will likely be skewed by being based on rack rates for deluxe resorts with no free dining.
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
We're at WL now sat by Bay Lake... it's just amazing!
Oh I know, its my favourite resort too, the pool is amazing and just love sitting in the fabulous lobby people watching.
Old 17 Apr 18, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
liamaxina
VIP Dibber

liamaxina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have been a member since 1998! Never regretted it. It paid for itself the first time I used it. I bought it whilst on holiday by putting $1,000 deposit down and then getting a Disney mortgage which was also arranged there and then. Monthly payments were between $45 - $60 depending on the exchange rate at the time the payment was due and was paid by direct debit. It was a ten year mortgage so all paid up years ago. I could never afford to go and stay at Disney without my DVC membership (BWV is my home resort). If you intend to go more than once and want to stay at Disney then DVC is the way to go imo!
Old 17 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
No, not tactical - they were only selling aulani (Hawaii), copper creek and Polynesian - but the poly could be technically sold out.

But if you really wanted a different resort you should ask. I would recommend looking at resale though. When we bought BLT in 2010 we paid about $110 per point. The price is much higher now and I’m not sure the value is as good.
All resorts are available direct, but they won't tell you that. They even have a price list. You may have to wait list for some. You have to be insistent you'd want one as they try to push only the latest resort.
Frankly of you want a BLT or whatever, you are much better going resale.
Old 17 Apr 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
All resorts are available direct, but they won't tell you that. They even have a price list. You may have to wait list for some. You have to be insistent you'd want one as they try to push only the latest resort.
Frankly of you want a BLT or whatever, you are much better going resale.
Agreed, we bought direct back in 2010 but if I were to buy more points now it would be resale!

We love our BLT home
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List