Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I get the reason for it and actually don’t mind a coaster/simulator hybrid like Gringotts. I find they are a good use of limited space while still giving a decent ride. But I agree, I struggled with Universal last year and think it was partly down to the “samey” nature of the rides. I’m not a big coaster fan (can’t tolerate them as I get older) so it reduced the number of rides I was happy to do.
Of course, FoP is out of this world and if the new Millenium Falcon ride is anything like it I’ll happily take another screen.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You could say the same for Disney about the diarama attractions.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
You could say the same for Disney about the diarama attractions.
We could... but we wouldn't
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Yes, it's of the reasons why we're skipping Universal next time. We found it really difficult with 2 kids that have poor eyesight & wear glasses, it just doesn't work well for them. We hadn't been before and were surprised how many of the rides felt the same. We intend to visit Orlando every other year but Universal is going to be an every 4 years visit for us now, we would like to try Volcano Bay though some time.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Yes, and its even more annoying when Universal duplicate these rides. F&F and Kong are the same ride. Transformers and Spider-man are the same ride. Jimmy Fallon and Discpicapel Me are the same ride

and there all screens...

star wars will be a screen but at least youll be in the falcon, I suspect the Guardians of the Galaxy ride may have screens but maybe not on the same level as the universal rides
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Closing Dragons Challenge adds to the problem as this was a great coaster.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

We had the exact same thoughts in August last year - and now with dragon challenge gone I feel like Universal is definitely losing some of it's sparkle for me.

I absolutely hated Kong - it had so much promise and the queue looked really promising (people jumping out and the overall spooky feel of it - the theming was on point!) but the actual ride was awful - that screen in the front of the vehicle was rubbish quality and it just felt really stilted - overall we all agreed that it was a massive diappointment.

It was almost like Universal spent so much effort on the line and pre-ride area that they forgot about the actual ride - The queue was the best part! (which is probably a good thing as it was an 80 minute wait when we rode!)

With the exception of rip ride, the hulk and the water rides, there's no real major thrill rides any more - although I do love the mummy, it's not an "extreme" ride in my opinion (although I am a bit mad so maybe I'm not the best judge of what's 'extreme' enough) . I miss decent roller coasters!

Still going to visit Universal in November (especially as my friend's never been) but only planning 2 and 1/2 days there as with express passes you can get everything done in a day really.

Might have to try Bush Gardens for my roller coaster fix after this visit though

Smudge
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

It's why I find Universal disappointing - too many virtual rides - I want proper coasters...SeaWorld here I come...but without those stupid VR glasses on Kraken...not necessary

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Closing Dragons Challenge adds to the problem as this was a great coaster.
It does but it was unfortunately the right move - during my last visit in the middle of the school holidays trains were being sent out half-empty in the early afternoon, when queues for everything else were considerable. It just wasn't that popular. Whether what replaces it will be a worthy successor though, we'll see.
Old 25 Apr 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Meh, It doesn't bother me. I am happy with any ride, something new to us experience love it or hate it. Fast and furious is a prime example of a big show building that will be used for HHN, its multi use. Universal pushed the envelope when they opened Marvel Superhero Island and Harry Potter, for me they can add filer attractions until the next big thing comes along.

Having a 3, 7, 9 and 18 year old means we have nearly 40 rides or attractions to go through during our visit. Lots to choose from and enough to keep the age range happy. If 8 out of 40 are screen based, I can handle that.

A Day in the Park with Barney
Animal Actors On Location!
Caro–Seuss–el Carousel
Curious George Goes to Town
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
E.T. Adventure
Fast & Furious: Supercharged
Fear Factor Live Live show
Flight of the Hippogriff
Fievel's Playland Play area
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journe
Hogwarts Express
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl
Men in Black: Alien Attack
Oh! The Stories You'll Hear!
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Poseidon's Fury Live action show
Pteranodon Flyers
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
Revenge of the Mummy
Shrek 4-D 4D ride
Skull Island: Reign of Kong Dark ride
Storm Force Accelatron
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
The Blues Brothers Show
The Cat In The Hat
The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
The Simpsons Ride
Transformers: The Ride-3D
Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List