Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Apr 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ajdc43 View Post
Hi all,

This year is the first that Im going to be in Orlando during Halloween Horror Nights, and I really dont want to miss out on something amazing. But, I'm a bit of a wimp, and jump really easily, so I'm worried I'll be wasting my money on something that I'll hate. Like I said though, I don't want to miss out on an amazing experience!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
1. Have a look on utube there lots of videos there just to see what you think.

2. Of course it will make you jump that is the whole point . If you can put up with this then do it if not then don’t for me not really in to this type of attraction. 😆
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

I'm not really into horror films but I really enjoyed HHN. Didn't find it scary at all and the atmosphere was great. There will be the odd scream and jump here and there, but all in good fun. If you are in a group you just find yourself laughing at each other.

As for the houses themselves - once you've seen one you've seen them all in my opinion. We did 3 (queued at least 40 mins for each one) and decided that was enough. It was actually a great opportunity to head over to Harry Potter World which was dead (no pun intended lol). Got on everything with no longer than a 10 minute wait. And all of this was actually on Halloween. Best of both worlds!
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

It's not as scary as it could be.

You are herded in a conga line quite quickly through the houses, and if you stay with the party in front you can see most of the scares happening to others in front of you.

If you hang back the experience is more scary, but if you are with someone you can hold on to them and close your eyes. The actors won't touch you, but it can be a bit loud in places.

I'm not easily scared, but the odd misdirection will make me jump at times.

HHN is nowhere near as scary as Howl-o-Scream at Busch Gardens. We avoided HoS for years and did it for the first time last year. It was so much better than HHN. Staggered small groups entered the houses, more ingenious scares and more complex layouts, not just straight corridors. Also better scare zones outside the houses imo.

I would say unless you dislike horror films and/or easily terrified and absolutely hate being startled then it's worth the experience at least once. The atmosphere alone is worth it imo.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I don't get it at all. How is it scary when it's a bunch of actors dressed up...and you know it's a bunch of actors dressed up? I love that people love it - have at it, I just don't 'get' it.

I liked MNSSHP...although the parade was lame, the lines were short!

#killjoysrus

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
I don't get it at all. How is it scary when it's a bunch of actors dressed up...and you know it's a bunch of actors dressed up? I love that people love it - have at it, I just don't 'get' it.

I liked MNSSHP...although the parade was lame, the lines were short!

#killjoysrus
When most of us watch a film or read a book we believe in some small way that the characters are real, that the action described is actually happening. We immerse ourselves into the narrative in such a way that we are touched emotionally, which is why we can laugh, cry, scream, wince... etc.

Theme park attractions are no different in that respect. If they weren't then the concept of "theme" would have no impact and no commercial value.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Me and my husband did it last year and loved it but yes it is the scariest thing ave experienced and done a few things like this before... you probably will be scared but that's the fun of it.
I closed my eyes a few times lol my DH thought my reactions was halarious, palpatations the lot but nothing i couldnt laugh about once outside the houses!
The theming is amazing ad do it again in a heartbeat.
Go for it if ya think u wont pass out hahaha...am not much use am I!
D x
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sandra5671
Earning More Ears

sandra5671's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I'm also a total wimp when it comes to anything scary but we went a few years ago and I loved it. We found that if you looked scared they came after you more, so we just kept laughing and smiling at them and they left us alone for the most part. They tend to go for the big butch guys, haha. We saw this huge man in front of us run out of the Walking Dead house as they were really going for him. So not as bad as you think really.

Sandra
sandra5671 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
I hate scary things too but in 2016 my friend and I plucked up the courage (on our 12th visit) to go. Absolutely loved it! Have already booked and received our tickets for this September.

The good thing is is that if it freaks you out too much , you can go to the safe areas.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s scary. We went in 2015, I spent a good half hour in mel’s “die in” (drive in) just to calm down 😂 but it was an amazing experience! We’re planning on doing it again 2019 so cant have been that bad! Certain houses are scarier than others, I hate zombies so walking dead was terrifying for me! But Freddy VS Jason didn’t freak me out too much! 😝
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
I don't find it scary at all. I end up laughing a lot.

There is a lot of what I call "jump horror" -- where the actors try to startle you and make you jump, but it is not the least bit scary.

Have fun!
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List