Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Apr 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile Booking 2 tables at the same time on MDE?

I am wanting to book for our party of 7 at YSH for this October. There doesn’t seem to a table for dinner for us all. We are ok with separating and booking 2 tables of 4&3 but it will only let me book 1 table.

So, my problem is that I’ve booked for 4 but it won’t let me book another table on MDE for the other 3pp. Do I need to ring or should I book for 6 (as I can do this) and turn up as a party of 7?

Thank you.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Ring and book 3 or book online for 3 using someone else in the party's name/email.

Don't book 6 and expect to get 7 seated. If it's busy you'll risk waiting ages or even being turned away.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I am wanting to book for our party of 7 at YSH for this October. There doesn’t seem to a table for dinner for us all. We are ok with separating and booking 2 tables of 4&3 but it will only let me book 1 table.

So, my problem is that I’ve booked for 4 but it won’t let me book another table on MDE for the other 3pp. Do I need to ring or should I book for 6 (as I can do this) and turn up as a party of 7?

Thank you.

Kat
This is a fine dining restaurant, you definitely will not be able to just squeeze an extra chair in at the table!

I would ring to try and get the booking for seven, your party of three and party of four could be sat at opposite sides of the room. Anyway if you want to do that you would need to get somebody else to book the other table, the system does not allow one person to have two dining reservations within one hour.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
This is a fine dining restaurant, you definitely will not be able to just squeeze an extra chair in at the table!

I would ring to try and get the booking for seven, your party of three and party of four could be sat at opposite sides of the room. Anyway if you want to do that you would need to get somebody else to book the other table, the system does not allow one person to have two dining reservations within one hour.
We’ve been before so know the set up but I was just wondering the best way to do it? We are ok about being on 2 separate tables.
That’s why I was asking about a table for 6? But I’m not going to do that now as I don’t want issues when we get there (as I’m a stress head and will worry about it until then! 😬 )

It’s funny because YSH was a restaurant that I thought would be one of the easiest adrs to get but it’s turned out to be the hardest! 😂

I don’t know anyone else with a MDE (which you seem to have to have to make an ADR) so I’m just trying to work out the best way around it? I’ll probably just ring, when the free dinning for 2019 calms down! 😃

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I don’t know anyone else with a MDE (which you seem to have to have to make an ADR) so I’m just trying to work out the best way around it? I’ll probably just ring, when the free dinning for 2019 calms down! 😃

Kat

Just make another account using another adult from your party.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Just make another account using another adult from your party.
Thank you.

I’ll probably end up doing this.

Kat
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I had to phone up to book for 7
Old 23 Apr 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Try booking for 8, I had the same problem last year and more often than not ended up booking for 8 as it had better availability.
Old 23 Apr 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Booked there last year for DD wedding meal, for 16 or 17 on two tables. We phoned the restaurant direct, they will be able to put you on one table.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List