Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I travelled at 13 weeks last year so similar time to you.

I rang my insurance and they didn’t care as everything was fine with my pregnancy. Ditto with my doctors, told me not to contact them till I was 10 weeks gone for my 12 week appointment.

I didn’t suffer too badly with morning sickness (thankfully), just a few deep breaths at times when I started to feel sickly and a tad more tired than normal.

Congratulations & enjoy your trip
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

Congrats! Go and enjoy your holiday! There really isn't much to do in the first few weeks while waiting for you 12 week appointment so just try and relax and take it all in. As far as morning sickness, take rennies with you, eat little and often, tell your wife to listen to what her body wants (for me plain crisps and coke always helped?! ?) and sleep as much as she needs.
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Congratulations! Midwifes usually prescribe flight socks for pregnant women so worth visiting your midwife to get some tips too x
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

Many congratulations! I went on holiday last year when I was 8 weeks pregnant and I enjoyed it despite non stop nausea - I’d have had the nausea if I’d stayed home too and to be honest a place like Disney will be a nice distraction. She will have to miss out on a few rides but otherwise she should be ok.

Baby is a tiny seed at the moment...well protected inside your wife, the holiday will not interfere with this. No one really knows what causes most miscarriages but most likely it’s because something was already wrong and the baby would not have developed anyway so it’s out of our hands.

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
Baby is a tiny seed at the moment...well protected inside your wife, the holiday will not interfere with this. No one really knows what causes most miscarriages but most likely it’s because something was already wrong and the baby would not have developed anyway so it’s out of our hands.

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip!
THANKYOU! Great post! We can’t go through life being afraid. No baby ever miscarried because their parents were excited, bought stuff or God forbid went on holiday!

OP I hope you both have a wonderful time. Keep hydrated, take it easy, follow ride regulations and CONGRATULATIONS!
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Awww congrats!

When I was pregnant we went to Hamburg for a couple of days when I was 12 weeks, unfortunately I did have a stomach bug while I was there, but trying to find something I could take for it was a nightmare, as you can’t take something as simple as Imodium, so if she does get ill while there seek out a pharmacist who can recommend what you can take.

My morning sickness started before I could even get a positive test, but I just felt sick all the time, but didn’t throw up. I found ginger biscuits and ginger ale really helped, I tried ginger tea but didn’t like it. I also got myself some travel sickness bands from Boots that just go over the pressure points on the wrist which I found they helped when travelling as well.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Congratulations!

I found out I was pregnant 4 days before flying out on our 2015 Christmas trip. I booked a private scan the day before we flew who confirmed I was 7+2 and everything was fine. I bought travel bands which were a god send and ended up wearing them the whole trip and didn't suffer nausea once. The tiredness was a bit of a struggle at times but we just slowed pace a little and we still had a fantastic trip.

I mainly people watched and was maybe a little overly cautious, as I didn't ride anything with a pregnancy warning. We even had a dolphin swim booked Xmas day and I was all set to do it on their advise but this one dolphin was going crazy so ended up sitting it out.

Water, graham crackers & Mickey waffles were my saviours. I also took pregnancy vitamins from home with me.

The hardest part for me was keeping it a secret from my other children as I didn't want them to know until I was past the 12/13 week point. Had to say I had a bad back the whole trip 😉

Hope you have a wonderful time
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks again everyone, it's reassuring to hear from everyone in the same situation.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We went to Tenerife when my wife was about 9 weeks pregnant (but ignorant of the fact). I moaned at her most of the time because she didn't feel like doing stuff or drinking with the rest of us. Glad she stuck to her guns now though!

I'd like to think I would have been a bit more understanding had I known of what was going on.

As others have said, enjoy the fact that you can still afford to go and can avoid teh main holiday crowds (that won't last much longer! )

Oh, and congratulations