Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ruby1966
Apprentice Imagineer

Ocean Florida is coming out the cheapest for us.

I was wondering if anyone has used Ocean florida? They are coming out marginally cheaper for us plus $100 spending money. They seem to be very efficient at answering text and emails but I have read a few past posts with concerns about them.

Thank you
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

As far as I know they are not ABTA bonded. This is one of the reasons we didn't book with them. I'm sure someone else will confirm this either way.

Edited to add: I've booked with Attraction Tickets Direct. I think they are coming out cheaper than anyone else if you are happy to do the DIY route. It's £100 deposit per room. Offering £150 discount if you ask and if you quote DIBBHOTELS they are also giving £35 off moderate resorts and £50 off deluxe resorts. All that is assuming you are looking to stay at Disney, if not ignore

Edited at 04:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’ve booked with them twice now for this year and next, so far they have been nothing but helpful and while not abta members they are atol and tta accredited.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermus
Proud to wear my Ears

Decent, comprehensive website but you can't book online with Ocean Florida which I find quite annoying.

Also, all their prices are 'from'... I remember requesting a callback a year or two ago and the prices were much higher than advertised. Bit of a waste of time and slightly awkward as had to endure the 15-minute plus phone call etc.
Pottermus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I always booked via VH but had to change last year and booked via ocean Florida. I read posts after booking which worried me a little! .

Anyway, no issues last year, emails answered promptly. I have happily booked with them again this year.

Of course I always feel the proof is how they deal with any issues before or whilst I am away. I have not had to test this and hope I won't have to!.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gail35 View Post
As far as I know they are not ABTA bonded. This is one of the reasons we didn't book with them. I'm sure someone else will confirm this either way.

Edited to add: I've booked with Attraction Tickets Direct. I think they are coming out cheaper than anyone else if you are happy to do the DIY route. It's £100 deposit per room. Offering £150 discount if you ask and if you quote DIBBHOTELS they are also giving £35 off moderate resorts and £50 off deluxe resorts. All that is assuming you are looking to stay at Disney, if not ignore
Is the £35 per booking or per night ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ruby1966 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has used Ocean florida? They are coming out marginally cheaper for us plus $100 spending money. They seem to be very efficient at answering text and emails but I have read a few past posts with concerns about them.

Thank you
You will read scare stories about every travel agent.

I read somewhere that 1 in 25 people who have an issue with a travel agent will post a bad review about it where as people who have no issues and are happy with their travel agent and post a review to this effect are about 1 in 5000

Look at the responses you get to your question and multiply by those factors to see if on balance you have an issue with your agent.

This isn't to say there aren't charlatans out there, there must definitely are but Ocean Florida have been around for a while (which I accept is no guarantee they'll be around in the future) but if they were just scammers they are playing a very inefficient long game in extracting that money...

In all probability you will be just fine, you might get issues - that's the nature of travel but serious unfixable ones will be rare
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gail35 View Post

ATD told me they wouldn’t give the two discounts so gave me the £150 as that’s the greater one. I booked with OA in the end as it was £80 dearer than ATD but we will get $400 worth of gift cards!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Used them twice. Would have again but virgin were quoting less than we expected so went with them this time. The first time we went with them we price checked with high street places and Thomas Cook actually told us to go with Ocean as they couldn't get us anywhere near what they were quoting.

Never had a problem, they have been great. It's a bit of a pain having to call up to book and again every time you want to pay a chunk of your holiday off. I found it far far easier with virgin's online system. They are also very pushy and after you get a quote will call you constantly until you book which I really don't like.

All said though, they've been great. Though I suppose you never know what a company is really like until something goes wrong.
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We’ve booked with them for this year after previously using VH. They came in cheaper and appears to be a much more personal service. Any e-mails I’ve sent have been responded to very quickly. Fingers crossed there won’t be any issues upon travel, but you get that concern using any company.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List