Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Apr 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

Slightly off topic but relating to the Dr Who Experience, apparently Peter Capaldi was known to sometimes hang around there during breaks in filming to meet fans etc.

As they used to have kids parties there, he also turned up at the parties - amazing for the kids.
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CardiffBob View Post
Slightly off topic but relating to the Dr Who Experience, apparently Peter Capaldi was known to sometimes hang around there during breaks in filming to meet fans etc.

As they used to have kids parties there, he also turned up at the parties - amazing for the kids.
He seems a really nice man with a good sense of humour. That must have been the icing on the (birthday) cake for the kids at the party.

Do you watch Dr Who and try to guess the film locations every episode too? 😁
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

ha ha - yes, I do - although I live just around the corner from Sarah Jane's house :-)

My wife once walked the kids to school and there were doctor who aliens sat outside a house taking a break from filming!
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CardiffBob View Post
ha ha - yes, I do - although I live just around the corner from Sarah Jane's house :-)

My wife once walked the kids to school and there were doctor who aliens sat outside a house taking a break from filming!
They were filming around our area once which is quite a rural area where nothing happens. David Tennant was in a pub chatting to locals, everyone in the area was saying how they had met him and was virtually his best mate 😁. I, sadly, did not meet him 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How about a trip round the Millenium Stadium?
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Science Cream in Castle Arcade. Ice cream made in front of you with liquid nitrogen!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Thanks so much - there sound like lots of things they’d enjoy. Techniquest in particular sounds very them and DH would really enjoy St Fagan’s. They’d also love the boat rides. I wish we were staying longer.

Edited at 09:26 PM.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Cardiff Internatinal White Water.
Amazing place. My lads love the indoor surfing, but they also wave canoeing and rafting. Have a google. It’s just round the bay from Cardiff Bay, we always walk there from the Red Dragon Centre.
There is also an Olympic sized swimming pool across the road from there.
We love Cardiff.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

There is also treetop adventure golf in St Davids which is good fun- If you go before midday you get 2 courses for the price of 1 and same then between 5-7 Mon- Fri.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We went the Royal Mint last year. My kids loved it. Not sure where exactly it is but think about 25 mins outside Cardiff. We were visiting family.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List