Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sannyysan
Getting Excited

Difficulty searching at Saratoga Springs for Oct 19

Hi all
I'm trying to look for a price for a 2 bed apt at Saratoga Springs Resort for Jul/Sept/Oct and its not including it at all in my search?

can anyone shed some light on this please?

TIA

1998,1999,2000,2004,2006,2008,2009,2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 2019 Holidays with the Mouse!
sannyysan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SilvioDante
Helping Minnie

SSR & OKW are DVC resorts and are not being released to book until 330 days from arrival. There is no pre-registration this year and it should be noted that free DDP does not apply to DVC resorts for stays arriving after 16th September 2019.
Disney have advised that you book a resort you would be happy to stay at and then enquire as to availability at the 330 day mark-they may be able to move you. (but still no free DDP for October).
SilvioDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sannyysan
Getting Excited

Hi Silviodante

Thank you for highlihting that for me, is that just a change this year? as we travelled in 2017 and was able to book well in advance.

I don't know what to do now then as we have stayed at SSR for the last 5 times

1998,1999,2000,2004,2006,2008,2009,2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 2019 Holidays with the Mouse!
sannyysan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SilvioDante
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by sannyysan View Post
Hi Silviodante

Thank you for highlihting that for me, is that just a change this year? as we travelled in 2017 and was able to book well in advance.

I don't know what to do now then as we have stayed at SSR for the last 5 times
We had our best holiday ever at OKW in May of last year, pre-registering 12 months out.
Disney are making huge changes to not only the parks and resorts but now seemingly how they allocate accommodation.
The changes this year are I suspect due to problems with allocation in 2017 at DVC resorts (a lot of guests were moved after booking at DVC's). This combined with Disney being at almost full occupancy year round and the huge draw of ToyStory land, Galaxy's edge, SkyLiner and numerous other new attractions will ensure that staying where you want, when you want and at a price mere mortals can afford is only going to get harder. 2019 is looking like the last year we will stay onsite.
SilvioDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

In addition to the above, even dates within the 330 days aren't showing any availability on the 1 or 2 bed villas. They have completely changed the DVC booking process and allocation.

If you're looking in Sep/Oct after free dining cuts off, I'd consider looking at points rental instead. Although these can't be confirmed until 330 either, and you'll potentially pay extra to book at the 11 month home resort window instead of general 7 months. But if you really want SSR, it's probably going to be the most reliable way moving forwards.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

My brother is a DVC member at SSR and it’s only fair that he gets the opportunity to book at his home resort and restricting bookings to 330 days out protects this - so it’s fine with me despite my disappointment as we were intended booking there. The same applies to OKW.

The biggest surprise to me was the fact that DDP will only be free till 16 September. That means as we are going in November we couldn’t take advantage so booked CBR.

We can’t expect to take priority over DVC owners and in all honesty it’s been a bone of contention with my brother the relatively low cost of staying at SSR coupled with free dining - especially when he tells me his yearly dues.

Edited at 10:12 PM.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SilvioDante
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post
My brother is a DVC member at SSR and it’s only fair that he gets the opportunity to book at his home resort and restricting bookings to 330 days out protects this - so it’s fine with me despite my disappointment as we were intended booking there. The same applies to OKW.

The biggest surprise to me was the fact that DDP will only be free till 16 September. That means as we are going in November we couldn’t take advantage so booked CBR.

We can’t expect to take priority over DVC owners and in all honesty it’s been a bone of contention with my brother the relatively low cost of staying at SSR coupled with free dining - especially when he tells me his yearly dues.
As much as I love the DVC's I actually agree with your brother. If I had paid all that money and could not go when I wanted when 'walk in's' get their dates, a room discount and free dining would peeve me too!

The 330 thing is fair enough but after a chat with a Disney agent I am guessing that Disney expect to open GE in fall of 2019 and stopping free dining is to discourage interest in DVC resorts so members and VIP's can be accommodated around this time.
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adultdisneyfan View Post

Technically everyone "booking" DVC in the past hasn't been jumping the owner queue. It was a preregistration, which was then booked in at the 330 mark along with owner requests.

But AFAIK, the cash allocation and DVC owner allocation of rooms are completely separate inventories. So none of these bookings make any difference to an owner's chance.

The heavy discounts on cash stock during free dining though - that I can see his point on.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m a DVC owner, thanks for your concerns, but it doesn’t work that way. Anyone booking a DVC cash is technically renting points already in DVD (the developers) possession from DVD. They can’t sell points owned by members for cash. They hold about 5% of each resort and they also acquire points via trade outs to Disney cruise etc, and unused points called Breakage (that income goes back to members).
I’m convinced the reason they’ve cut it back is due to the overbooking, but also because of Star Wars and frankly, they’ll be able to rent out their points (sell rooms for cash) for higher rates. I think 2020 is going to see availability get less and prices go up more, unless the economy collapses.
As stated above, renting is a good option. David’s, at dvcrequest.com has a stellar reputation and is a very good company to deal with.
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

I didn’t realise that free dining for ssr and one was only up to September. I may have to rethink next year.
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List