Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 17, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Snow bird up date

We are now two thirds into our trip of 12 weeks and still loving it
We made the decision to live life here as we would at home DH golfing going to the gym and as 5th danTkD him going to TKD me borrowing a neighbours dog to walk ( my fur baby's are at home with the sitter )go out to eat 1/2 times a week
Me doing my reading group here in Florida kids books at home for a local care home and all the other things we do
It's been fantastic DH went Friday evening to TKD me a quilting pot luck
Supper just one of the many craft classes I've been to all great fun and aftervafew minutes nothing lost in translation
DH at TKD has had a ball th flasd instructor is a 2dan so he's been helping him with patterns
Sharing meals with friends here and this last week our childhood friends who are married joining us at the villa for the first time we might have to evict them
All in all a great trip
The only we miss it
The GD baby's ( the sons know there place (
The dogs
And the oddest of all me ( a scot a plain outsider on a loaf )
DH Good cheese
Would we do it again you bet we would
But my main complaint my legs even living in shorts still are milk bottle white
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We are now two thirds into our trip of 12 weeks and still loving it
We made the decision to live life here as we would at home DH golfing going to the gym and as 5th danTkD him going to TKD me borrowing a neighbours dog to walk ( my fur baby's are at home with the sitter )go out to eat 1/2 times a week
Me doing my reading group here in Florida kids books at home for a local care home and all the other things we do
It's been fantastic DH went Friday evening to TKD me a quilting pot luck
Supper just one of the many craft classes I've been to all great fun and aftervafew minutes nothing lost in translation
DH at TKD has had a ball th flasd instructor is a 2dan so he's been helping him with patterns
Sharing meals with friends here and this last week our childhood friends who are married joining us at the villa for the first time we might have to evict them
All in all a great trip
The only we miss it
The GD baby's ( the sons know there place (
The dogs
And the oddest of all me ( a scot a plain outsider on a loaf )
DH Good cheese
Would we do it again you bet we would
But my main complaint my legs even living in shorts still are milk bottle white
Glad you're enjoying your 3 months Helen. Wonder if you'd following our footsteps and apply for B2 visa or if you feel 6 months may be too long, perhaps 4 or so? We thoroughly enjoy our 6 months, mainly for being away from the UK winter, but, luckily as far as we're concerned, no kids we'd want to be in the UK for... hubs has 3 adult kids but now wants to enjoy his hot winters. I miss ma and pa but ring them every couple of days. One downside is due to becoming SW Fl acclimatised we're not as warm in our Co Durham summers as we are here. The weather is stonking on the Gulf coast now and we realised tonight we got too much sun at our Cz friends home whilst splashing around with their bairns today. I have panda eyes!

You may be surprised and realise your legs do have more colour when you get home. We lose our tan fairly quickly once we return home in May, but it quickly returns once we're back here in November and in the island pool 5 days a week. It'd likely not suit many, not a theme park to be seen, peace personified and no eating out at all, but 7 years in of long winter stays we still love our time here, it's definitely better for our health. I'm already monitoring flight prices for next winter and we still have just under 10 weeks left of island time . Retired and miserable? Not this pair.

Enjoy your remaining time H, all the best
Old 13 Mar 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Gryff, sounds amazing although I'm not quite sure you and your hubby know what retired means. lol Glad you both are having an amazing time. As another very white legged lady, I think I could be out there 2 years and still have white legs. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Old 13 Mar 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Pop into Walmarts for a spray-tan aerosol, you can get them in a light shade to suit fair/pale skin. Or one of those daily moisturisers that gradually 'tan' the skin over a few days.

Just to take the glare off the whiteness, not to turn you into the Tango Queen !

Edited at 07:50 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Think my new ambition is to be a Snowbird, have been watching 'place in the sun' and now reading this, its making me itchy! Am only 45 but want to retire!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Just had an "ootsider" toasted with lashings of butter. I would swap it for three months in Florida!
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ros & Jim
Imagineer

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Just had an "ootsider" toasted with lashings of butter. I would swap it for three months in Florida!
All this talk of "ootsiders" is putting me in the mood for a bit of toast!

Edited at 09:45 AM.
Ros & Jim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Nothing to beat an ootsider toasted with butter but I'm in no rush to go home for one
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ros & Jim View Post
All this talk of "outsiders" is putting me in the mood for a bit of toast!
Same here but it's almost impossible to get plain bread down here. Mark' sometimes do them but there not quite the same.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Hee hee, me too!