Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Apr 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Subscribing Enjoyed your last TR and we've just booked the Rosen Plaza for next year so using your reports as research
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Hey! I'll have a few updates today. So here goes...

Travel day-Monday 27th March

We were up at about 7:30 this morning as our flight was at 11:20. We headed down to breakfast at 8:10.

Premier Inn
We had the meal deal breakfast included here. We found the service to be excellent and were happy with the variety too.

Here are a few plates...

I was really impressed that the waitress brought us tea considering we could go and help ourselves.

Arron also had a pancake and we both had hot food, fruit and pastries.

I would definitely do the hotel and meal deal again.

We got through Premium security in 2 MINUTES we went and grabbed some extra dollars and wandered to grab some sweets in WHSmith. No photos of these though!

Red Lion
While waiting for our gate annoucement Arron got a Corona.

We got Gate 53 and boarded into seats 18A and 18C.

Flight
Being in Premium Economy we got Prosecco on arrival.

I then had the mini pretzels with a vodka & lemonade and Arron had a whiskey and coke.

For lunch we had the pickled cucumber & radish salad(gross) and I had 'Beef with wild mushroom and mustard sauce', Mango cheesecake, cheese and crackers.

Doesn't look nice but it was actually quite tasty and the various bits other than salad was good!

Arron had the 'Roast chicken and tagliatelle' and the wine visible in the above photo!

Little Fab lollies and more drinks came round an hour or so afterwards.

And final flight food was about 2 hours before landing when we had afternoon tea.

We both had a scone, tea the cakes and 3 sandwiches which were smoked salmon/chicken caesar/cream cheese.
This was all really tasty. The scone was a surprise and it was really nice to have a mini meal. Yum.

We landed at 2:50 which was 45 minutes early! And we got through security and baggage claim in 15 minutes!

Unfortunately we had to wait for our Mears shuttle for a while but were in the room before 5pm.

We headed out for dinner at 5:15pm

Miller's Alehouse
We walked across from the hotel and got a table on the patio area. Straightaway Arron ordered a Margarita(and 2 more after) and me a Pineapple mango Mojito.

It was nice but I realised was thirsty so ordered a Raspberry tea to follow.

<3

We only wanted a small meal so both plumped for salad.

I ordered the chicken breast salad 'Fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, Monterey Jack & cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon, croutons and red onion. Topped with a grilled chicken breast.' which is $8.99.

Arron opted for the Zinger salad 'Our World Famous ZingersŪ tossed in your choice of sauce over fresh greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and Monterey Jack & cheddar cheese. Served with bleu cheese dressing on the side.' He chose the Mount St Helen's sauce. This is $9.29.

Both salads were really fresh and varied. I think mine had a few more different bits in it. It was definitely a good choice as a light meal for us!

We settled up with $50 including tip.

We popped to Walgreens after for essentials and were in the room around 7:30 for a chilled evening.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Here's another day while i've got time to write it up

Day 1-Tuesday 28th March

We ended up asleep so early the night prior that I was wide awake at 6am. Started getting ready and headed out for our 7:40 hotel shuttle to Universal.
We knew we couldn't get in until 9am so planned to eat on Citywalk.

Starbucks
We weighed up Cinnabon but it was busy so chose Starbucks instead. Arron didn't want anything big so we shared...

A Chorizo sandwich and...

A strawberry smoothie.

This came to $10.95 and was a good start to the day with nothing too heavy. The chorizo makes the sandwich a bit more exciting too.

Drinks

We had managed to do a few rides and were waiting for our Jimmy Fallon rehearsal to start so Arron grabbed a beer.

On a side note-We did not enjoy this ride at all, found it unfunny and didn't really get it.

After this, Arron noticed that Finnegan's do a Reuben sandwich so we decided to go there at 12:30.

Finnegans
We have never been in here and thought it was really nice inside. The cocktail menu has amazing themed drinks but we didn't partake.

I instead had the cookies & cream shake.

It was really amazingly good. Nom.

Arron just had a beer, and was very jealous of my shake

They gave us the soda bread with butter and apple butter.

The bread was so good, really warm and soft. The apple chutney butter stuff was incredible with a good sweetness. Pretty sure we could've eaten loads of this!

Arron obviously ordered the Reuben. "$11.99-Tender corned beef, fresh shaved cabbage, thousand island dressing, pickle, & Swiss cheese grilled on fresh marble rye. Wedge fries"

He did enjoy it but stated it isn't as good as the Sci Fi diner one(see Day 3!)
I wasn't too enthralled by the menu but got the Dublin chicken sandwich "$11.99
Marinated grilled chicken breast with aged cheddar cheese & apple-smoked bacon on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, & pickle. Wedge fries"

I liked it but nothing amazing.

We paid $ 45 and left around 1:30.

Drinks
Later in Islands of Adventure we were walking to Seuss landing and stopped for drinks.
Arron got a beer.

I got a Lemon slush

I wish i'd grabbed an Icee. The slush was really watery and artifical tasting. With about a quarter left it was just water.

Margaritaville
At 4:30 we headed into the bar at Margaritaville for a bit as it was scorching hot outside.
I got a Don't stop the Carnival-Margaritaville Silver rum blended with strawberry, banana and mango purées.

And Arron had an Incommunicado-Margaritaville Gold tequila and Silver rum, vodka, gin and triple sec, sweet & sour, cranberry and pineapple juices with a splash of grenadine

Arron ordered a Zombie-Margaritaville Silver rum, BACARDIŪ 151° rum, apricot brandy, our house-made sweet & sour, orange and pineapple juices

But I can't find a photo. Sorry!

This was around $30 and we left.

We were getting the 6pm hotel shuttle and had a bit of time so popped to.

Bubba Gumps
We perched at the bar and got a drink each. I ordered the Starboard Sunrise-"Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Bols Peach
Schnapps and tropical fruit juices. 9.99"

And Arron got a Coronarita-"Our traditional margarita with a squeeze of fresh lime juice topped with a Coronita Extra. Also available
watermelon flavored or tropical blue. The shaker goes
home with you. 14.99 "

Silly thing binned his receipt for the funky souvenir glass

We popped into Walgreens on the way back and got some M & Ms and some water, milk etc.

Edited at 06:55 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Subscribing Enjoyed your last TR and we've just booked the Rosen Plaza for next year so using your reports as research
Hope my reports help
Old 23 Apr 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks absolutely fab, great first day! Those cocktails look soooo good! Love margaritaville!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great start.looking forward to more x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loving this so far, particularly all the cocktails!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
Looks absolutely fab, great first day! Those cocktails look soooo good! Love margaritaville!
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Great start.looking forward to more x
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Loving this so far, particularly all the cocktails!
Thanks guys! Although that was our best cocktail day of the holiday
Old 24 Apr 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

New day...

Day 2-Wednesday 29th March

Today we were up after 7am and decided to Uber to Universal as the shuttle was booked up.

Breakfast
Before we left we ate a Poptart each.

Love a Poptart as they fill a hole.

We got to Islands of Adventure around 9am and went on most of the rides there.

Snacks
We queued at the Butterbeer cart at 10:45 and grabbed a regular one.

This was around $7 and we drank it while walking to Seuss landing.
Butterbeer is weird because we both like the topping but I feel like the drink bit tastes like cheap Coke!

After doing a couple more rides we walked across to Universal. Arron suggested popping into Toothsome.

I got the 'Heavenly Hazlenut'-Nutella ice cream, hazelnuts, Nutella, cocoa powder, fresh whipped cream $12.50
I intentionally chose it as it was less OTT than the others. It was really yummy and nutty. I did enjoy it and would try a different flavour next time!

We continued walking and Arron got a beer at 11:30.

He drank this while watching Animal Actors.

Louie's
Arron loves it here, so we stopped there for lunch next. I was full from my milkshake so we only got.

A slice of Supreme and a beer.
Lovely as always

We stayed in Universal until 5pm and decided to get a drink somewhere straight after.

NBC Sports grill brew
I had read about the Pineapple cider in here so we sat at the bar, I grabbed said cider and Arron got a Southern Margarita.

My cider was really clean and light tasting, not pineapple flavoured but nice and easy to drink. Arron's was more of a sipper but he definitely enjoyed it.
These were about $20 with tip.

We hopped in an Uber to IDrive and ended up in our old favourite...

Miller's Alehouse
We got here around 6:15 and I got my faithful Raspberry tea. Arron was more exciting and ordered a Margaita followed by a Long island ice tea.

At this point I said we should eat something, so while Arron ordered a margarita we got the chicken nachos to share.

Above is the before and after. These nachos were huge but the chicken was really well flavoured and there was loads of cheese, salsa and guacamole. They were nice and cheap, only $12!

I think we must've left about $40 here and went back to the hotel for an early night before our Disney day!

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Old 25 Apr 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving following along - some great looking drinks so far! Pineapple cider 🍍 sounds great
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List