Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 May 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving your report x
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

Loving reading. Cant wait for more x
Old 11 May 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. Love your use of food and wine. Lovely being so close😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Following along. Love your use of food and wine. Lovely being so close😊
It really was fab being so close, although it did mean we didn't have as much chance to eat at other places!
Old 12 May 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Again let me start by thanking everybody for their lovely comments, they really areappreciated!

Day 5 - Parisian Breakfast, a tiny bit of F&W (again! ) & Marketplace

When planning our meals I'd seen that one of the special events at the F&W festival was a Parisian themed breakfast and I thought this would be great for me & Anna (excuse imperfect grammar, missed apple autocorrects etc, in my reports). I knew it wasn't really Mark's thing, but I did ask him if he'd like to come along just to be polite 😁. This was a great bonus about staying at Beach Club, we could just walk along and leave Mark in bed. If we were staying anywhere else there's no way we would have gone out just the 2 of us, as commuting about the other resorts takes too long for us to justify splitting the family up. Mark was gonna have a lazy morning and then come over to meet us when we were done.

So, we took the short walk to Les Chef De France ready for the 9am start. There was quite a queue already but I'd read that tables are allocated in advance so it didn't matter. We were seated on a table for 2, but they cram the tables in here so we were basically sitting on a table of 6. This wasn't a problem, but it did mean I felt uncomfortable taking pics ☹️. Also, as the tables were so close it did limit your arm movements, and lets just say the person to my left wasn't exactly bothered about invading my space!

Included in the price was unlimited mimosas, orange juice & hot drinks. Anna got an oj and I had my first mimosa as well as ordering coffee. I've never had alcohol this early in the morning in my life!

Our server here was a lovely young man from France who was enjoying his time in Disney and was really chatty, if you made the effort to talk to him. The other people on our table were not up for even making eye contact yet alone conversation, and normally I'm one for keeping myself to myself but as they were so close it did feel a bit awkward!

The food here was buffet service laid out on 2 tables (the same on each table), so you just helped yourself when you were ready (Google pics)

This was what we picked...

And I may have had another one of these

After my little conversation with out waiter, he couldn't have been more accommodating with the refills. I think I had 3 drinks in total but thought it was best to decline any more as it wasn't even 10am yet 😳😳😳

We were pretty full after our one plate, the food here was nothing special and we're not big morning eaters really. I probably would have had some more fruit but the plates they give you are quite small and things were already touching each other that shouldn't have been (did you see that jam on my melon &#128518. Mark had text me at about 9.30am to say he was in Epcot and are we nearly done - the meal started at 9am! He's a funny one, he could have had a big sleep in and taken ages in the shower (like he normally does) but he hates being in a room on his own for some reason! This was a prepaid event so after leaving our lovely waiter a nice tip we were headed out and were handed a little goody bag at the door (Google pic)

We were greeted with this 😆

It had been raining while we were in there, so Mark had gone and bought 3 ponchos for the pricely sum of $30.01 (we must have 12 of these in our loft). Typically it had stopped raining by now and we never did need them - sometimes magic bands being linked to your credit card is not a good thing 😂😂.

We went to the Vineland Premium Outlets for a look around (I think we bought nothing, the exchange rate was down to about $1.23 so nothing we liked was any cheaper than back home), but we did pick up these little beauties that we'd had on a previous trip...

Mini Pretzel Dogs! These are yummy and we fought over them!

Mark loves Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia but you can't buy it in shops now at home so when we saw the kiosk he picked some up, and Anna got Mint Wonderland I think!

He said it wasn't the same as the Cherry Garcia we have at home and wasn't as nice!

Our plan for tonight was F&W festival again as Tiffany was playing - 'I think we're alone now' was the very first single I bought as a child! When we got to World Showcase you could not move! It was a Saturday so I knew it would be busy, but we literally couldn't get through the crowds sticking together as a 3! I picked up a glass of Veuve Cliquot ($12) and Anna had a Strawberry Float($3.50).

The queues for all of the F&W booths were crazy! The line at the Wine and Dine stand wasn't quite as bad as the others so we got 2 glasses of Round Pond Sauvignon Blanc ($11.50), as well as a pork tenderloin...

And a scallop truffle

Mark said this was nice!

We walked round but it was just a pointless exercise, it was mobbed! Added together with the loud drunks, we didn't like the atmosphere and decided to call it a day (noooooooo, what about Tiffany 😭&#128557. Mark didn't even get a Hot Sake!

We went back to Beach Club and had a couple of drinks in Martha's Vineyard. This is quite a nice lounge - once you'd gotten past Cape May and the awful fish smell! Mark is from a seaside town so he loves the smell, but it turns my stomach. What is weird is that although it absolutely stinks when you walk past you couldn't smell it in the lounge, which is only next door. And there is no smell the following morning at all. I'd worried before going as I'd read a few comments online about Beach Club stinking of fish, but other than this small area on an evening, it absolutely did not!

Anyway, back to the alcohol. I ordered a Margarita ($10.75+tax)

Mark ordered a Smoked Turkey ($11.50+tax)

These were really nice. I fancied an Espresso Martini but this wasn't on the menu so I asked our server Katie if she could make me one. She said her husband had drank these when they were in Ireland on their honeymoon so it would be no problem, and then picked up the Baileys 😫 I politely suggested she change up the ingredients just for me, and we got there in the end.

For those of you who are partial to an Espresso Martini, this is what the head looked like...

Never mind, I still drank it! She rang it through as a Martini Godiva ($10.75+tax). Mark got a Hendricks & tonic ($9.50+tax) She did surprise us by knowing it should be served with cucumber, but said they didn't have any. He still drank it 😁

We left $10 tip as we'd had a lovely time sitting at the bar chatting with Katie, and we went to Marketplace on the way back to the room where we got pretty much the same as we did on our first night for 3 CS credits (same pic)

I'll add here that we loved the housemade chips. You got a big bagful and we all picked at them throughout our stay (I'd taken some food bags from home as I knew we wouldn't be able to eat all of the snacks at the same time as our meals).

We are off to Universal tomorrow for an overnight stay at RPR - I promise when we get back to Disney we eat at a lot more restaurants and not so much F&W festival!
Old 12 May 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Really enjoying this, thank you.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Mmmmmm love a food trippie! Thanks for sharing

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fab update
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm enjoying reading along

Joan
Old 12 May 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Loving the reporting. I'm partial to an expresso martini - I'll have to see if anyone knows how to make one
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List