Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
At $1,000 per person* for a 2 night stay, I really don't think people will be leaving the hotel. It will be a 2 day and night experience. Rather than a place to crash while doing the parks.

* Figure quoted by the press.
In which case, there's no real need to build it at WDW - except, I suppose, Disney already owns the land.

Still, I get what you mean. This isn't really a hotel but more of an interactive LARP attraction. I'm not sure I'd want to stay in the building for 2 days without going outside and seeing daylight though - it sounds like a short prison sentence to me.

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Did Disney just figure out how to build a hotel room with no windows and get people to pay a premium for it? Genius!
No more balconies or water/garden views!

I suppose they could offer a Death Star view and programme your screen accordingly.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I am in
Dream come true and I'm not getting too old for this!

I am going to get me a Jedi outfit and something for the wife but not sure yet!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
robertgreen99
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
In which case, there's no real need to build it at WDW - except, I suppose, Disney already owns the land.

Still, I get what you mean. This isn't really a hotel but more of an interactive LARP attraction. I'm not sure I'd want to stay in the building for 2 days without going outside and seeing daylight though - it sounds like a short prison sentence to me.

No more balconies or water/garden views!

I suppose they could offer a Death Star view and programme your screen accordingly.

The rumour is the hotel will have tunnels leading to Star Wars land.
robertgreen99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by robertgreen99 View Post
The rumour is the hotel will have tunnels leading to Star Wars land.
Trash compactor tunnels?

Anyway, that brings us back to my original comment about changing clothes every time you go out.

Also, wouldn't the tunnels ruin the whole idea that the hotel is supposed to be a starship in space? You can't just walk through some tunnels to get to a planet, y'know. I suppose they could build a Star Tours-like simulator in the tunnels and pretend guests are getting a shuttle transport to a nearby planet on the edge of the galaxy.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Just back after 2 weeks free qsdp and B&C - I can do a good jabba impression - no uniform required
You owe me for a really nice glass of red wine that's now covering my monitor

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

I'd love it - and so would the 11 year old padawan. Not sure I could see myself forking out $2000 for just 2 nights - but you never know, some future visit. It'd be the only chance I'd get to experience Space, even if it was simulated.
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Land clearing has begun according to BlogMickey. I guess we'll get some more info soon
Old 30 May 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Land clearing has begun according to BlogMickey. I guess we'll get some more info soon

Told ya we get some more info. Disney parks blog post on star wars hotel location here
Old 30 May 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Told ya we get some more info. Disney parks blog post on star wars hotel location here
Makes sense.

I know it will be amazing but when they keep saying “the windows look out to space” that it’s just a fancy HD screen!
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
Makes sense.

I know it will be amazing but when they keep saying “the windows look out to space” that it’s just a fancy HD screen!
I agree, one of my concerns is getting from the park to the hotel. how are they going to do it without taking you out of the immersion? I can see a bridge connection in the land clearing photos, but you don't want to be seeing a car go by if your supposed to be completely immersed.

I guess theres only one way to find out... book a room