Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jul 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
crystal_owl
Earning More Ears

Should I try for a Crystal Palace breakfast?

I'm pretty happy with our ADRs for Sept/Oct as I've managed to get us something everywhere we wanted to go including BOG and Ohana, but I keep seeing people recommend the Crystal Palace breakfast. Am I really missing something not booking this one? We have a breakfast at Garden Grill on our Epcot day and a BOG breakfast on our final MK day, for the others we were planning to eat in our room or at Perkins, IHOP, etc. I skipped CP when booking as we're two adults and not fussed about meeting the Winnie the Pooh characters, is there any other reason I should be trying to get a CP ADR? It'd hard to know where to draw the line, especially as we're staying off site so no DDP for us!
crystal_owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are hoping to get CP on first day again... purely cause the kids love Pooh bear though...its a good breakfast I think, have done BOG before and liked it as well

CP is a good buffet with something called a breakfast lasagna, a sickly sweet concoction..!
If you are not fussed for the characters then its a lot to pay OOP for...

We have never done Ohanas so that will be on the ADR list to try and get
Moz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Deffo, CP is always our first breakfast, never anything crazy good, but its decent and good characters!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

It's our first breakfast (early) tradition and it never gets old. The food is excellent and we have always had great service. Tigger bouncing around always gets us in the mood!
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We did it yesterday I thought it was fine. I preferred garden grill and tusker house though.
It used to be good if you got an 8am adr but it doesn't get you anything extra now where as an 8am BOG will get you once or twice on mine train before everyone else.
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
8am ADR for us on the first morning of every trip.

It's become an unintentional tradition for us.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

We're a couple with no kids, too, and we added in an ADR after seeing everyone raving about it here! I'm not too bothered about the character interaction (i'm really awkward) but the food seemed to come well recommended!
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

We did a CP breakfast as 2 adults who were not interested in the characters. We wanted to try some of the recommended food (french toast & breakfast lasagne).

The food was nice but I certainly wouldn't pay cash for it (character breakfasts are expensive!). We only tried it out because we had the free dining plan.

It's easy sometimes to be swayed by what everyone else has booked but honestly, I would say skip if you don't want to meet Pooh & Friends.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We enjoy it and have done it on the ddp and paying cash. Will be going again this trip and paying oop as it was my sister's choice for her 30th!

The food is nice but most of it is standard breakfast fare that you get anywhere on or offsite. There are a few items that are a bit unusual but i'm not sure i'd pay the hefty price tag if there was no interest in meeting Pooh and the gang!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
Deffo, CP is always our first breakfast, never anything crazy good, but its decent and good characters!
+1.

Always first ADR at 8am if possible on first morning as we're awake at stupid o clock anyway with the body clock time difference - same as most people I expect.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List