Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jul 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Universal Quick Service Dining Plan

Hi all,

I am currently working out our budget for our upcoming trip.

Is the Universal Quick Service Dining plan worth the money or should be just buy food as and when we want it?

We will be going to the three parks over three days and aren't too fancy when it comes to food. The other half has already said he wants to eat in the Simpsons food court for one of the days...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

TIA
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

I've looked into this recently and unless you choose the most expensive options, it can end up costing more than if you bought over the counter.

There's a breakdown on OrlandoInformer
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
I've looked into this recently and unless you choose the most expensive options, it can end up costing more than if you bought over the counter.

There's a breakdown on OrlandoInformer
Yeah, I had a look at that breakdown too. I think I'll probably budget $40 each per day ( we will only be having lunch at the parks as we are staying at a Disney hotel with the dining plan).

I'd rather over-estimate than under-estimate and end up with no spending money!
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Does this all have to be used in one day or can it be spread out over a couple of consecutive visits
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We bought it last week. The plan gets you a main, snack and 2 drinks that don't expire so we could use the snacks the following day - the Simpsons donut is enormous and fed the 4 of us!
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Percairwen View Post
Hi all,

I am currently working out our budget for our upcoming trip.

Is the Universal Quick Service Dining plan worth the money or should be just buy food as and when we want it?

We will be going to the three parks over three days and aren't too fancy when it comes to food. The other half has already said he wants to eat in the Simpsons food court for one of the days...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

TIA

I'd buy it ( or not ) once you're at the park. When you queue for your meal you can buy the plan there and then if you think the meal is of a high enough value to warrant paying for the dining plan.

Otherwise, to get any benefit from it, you'd need to make a point of buying a more expensive meal to warrant the cost. I took this from the touringplans site ( Feb 17 )

If your entree and drink add up to at least $15 before tax, and you aren't eligible for any discounts, it's probably in your best interest to ask the cashier to sell you a quick service plan. The extra few dollars will net another beverage (worth about $3) and snack (worth $3-$6) for the afternoon, saving you on balance between one and four bucks. Order a ribs platter and soda with a dining plan, and your second drink and snack are essentially free. On the other hand, if you are order an $8 cheese pizza and $3 bag of chips, you'll lose about $3 on the deal. The dining plan cards aren't tied to a particular person, so they can be traded among family members, and they don't expire at the end of the day – unused credits hold their value as long as you hold onto the card.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Does this all have to be used in one day or can it be spread out over a couple of consecutive visits

The dining plan cards aren't tied to a particular person, so they can be traded among family members, and they don't expire at the end of the day – unused credits hold their value as long as you hold onto the card
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
best to get the refillable cup with deal better value that way
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
I'd buy it ( or not ) once you're at the park. When you queue for your meal you can buy the plan there and then if you think the meal is of a high enough value to warrant paying for the dining plan.

Otherwise, to get any benefit from it, you'd need to make a point of buying a more expensive meal to warrant the cost. I took this from the touringplans site ( Feb 17 )

If your entree and drink add up to at least $15 before tax, and you aren't eligible for any discounts, it's probably in your best interest to ask the cashier to sell you a quick service plan. The extra few dollars will net another beverage (worth about $3) and snack (worth $3-$6) for the afternoon, saving you on balance between one and four bucks. Order a ribs platter and soda with a dining plan, and your second drink and snack are essentially free. On the other hand, if you are order an $8 cheese pizza and $3 bag of chips, you'll lose about $3 on the deal. The dining plan cards aren't tied to a particular person, so they can be traded among family members, and they don't expire at the end of the day – unused credits hold their value as long as you hold onto the card.
That's useful to know.

We were getting 3 Coca Cola Freestyle cups anyway, so if we got these with 3 * Meal plans and used the food credits for expensive items, as and when. We could may this pay
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List