Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jul 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Just curious why you have no plans day 3, other than to move resorts? Although Disney official check-in time is 3pm, you can arrive and check in earlier (pretty much any time after 6am) and leave your bags with bell services if your room isn't ready. That could give you a bit of breathing room in your schedule, assuming you can shift an ADR to that day.

My recommendations on your ADR days...

Day 4 - MK all day 8:20 reservation for Crystal Palace and 17:20pm dinner at 1900 Park Fayre Agree to cancel 1900 Park Fayre, have QS in the park or one of the monorail resorts instead
Day 5 - 8:10 Trattoria al Forno Blizzard Beach / Evening at Epcot (Akershaus dinner 18:40) Two character meals in a day would be a bit much for me. If you want to keep Akershaus, try moving it to day 3? Otherwise cancel.
Day 6 - AK all day to catch ROL (Tusker House breakfast booked 9:40)
Day 7 - Seaworld Spooktakular / Evening at Disney Springs (TRex 20:00 dinner booked)
Day 8 - Clearwater
Day 9 - Halloween - Bfast at Ohana 10:45 / pool day / followed by trip to Celebration for trick or treating
Day 10 - Bfast Cape May 8:50 / pool day / MNSSHP (dinner at BOG 16:45pm) Cancel this BoG (unless you absolutely must meet the Beast)
Day 11 - Epcot day (Coral Reef early lunch 11:50) Mickeys back yard BBQ dinner 17:30 I wouldn't do both of these same day. I'm not a fan of either of these to be honest, but keep the one that will appeal most to your family.
Day 12 - MK 8am BB Boutique / Bfast BOG 9:30am/ Dinner 17:30 CRT
Day 13 - Discovery Cove
Day 14 - HS day / Ohana dinner 18:45
Day 15 - AK day / Saana dinner 17:50
Day 16 - Typhoon lagoon day / Epcot fireworks (Yachtsman dinner)
Day 17 - HS day and fireworks (Hollywood and Vine Holiday dine booked for fantastic 12:55pm) H&V gets bad reviews on here, although none of the HS options are great IMO
Day 18 - Bfast Trattoria al Forno 10am Pool Day /Beaches and Cream 1:30pm / MVMCP Cancel this breakfast
Day 19 - MK / California Grill dinner 7:30
Day 20 - DSprings / flight home

ETA: I'd also move around your days a bit if you can, as you have two pool days in a row. You'd be better spacing them out a bit to use as park recovery time.

Edited at 09:09 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossyhub
Helping Minnie

The dining options at WDW can be absolutely overwhelming but are without doubt one of the highlights to staying on-site. However, there is nothing worse at WDW than having a totally full and bursting stomach from an amazing sit-down meal and then realising that you have another one booked in about an hour!

If your kids are not old enough to eat later then have a think about having an early full breakfast and then a sit-down meal at about 4pm which is a combination of lunch and supper (which we call 'lupper'). This has a number of advantages. You will find that ALL the restaurants are really empty at this time and its easier to get an ADR or even a walk-up. It also frees you up and allows small children to nap during the early afternoon when it is hot, making them more receptive and less grizzly for the evening entertainments.

You can always have a snack later if you need it.

Edited at 09:11 PM.
mossyflossyhub is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Just curious why you have no plans day 3, other than to move resorts? Although Disney official check-in time is 3pm, you can arrive and check in earlier (pretty much any time after 6am) and leave your bags with bell services if your room isn't ready. That could give you a bit of breathing room in your schedule, assuming you can shift an ADR to that day.

My recommendations on your ADR days...

Day 4 - MK all day 8:20 reservation for Crystal Palace and 17:20pm dinner at 1900 Park Fayre Agree to cancel 1900 Park Fayre, have QS in the park or one of the monorail resorts instead
Day 5 - 8:10 Trattoria al Forno Blizzard Beach / Evening at Epcot (Akershaus dinner 18:40) Two character meals in a day would be a bit much for me. If you want to keep Akershaus, try moving it to day 3? Otherwise cancel.
Day 6 - AK all day to catch ROL (Tusker House breakfast booked 9:40)
Day 7 - Seaworld Spooktakular / Evening at Disney Springs (TRex 20:00 dinner booked)
Day 8 - Clearwater
Day 9 - Halloween - Bfast at Ohana 10:45 / pool day / followed by trip to Celebration for trick or treating
Day 10 - Bfast Cape May 8:50 / pool day / MNSSHP (dinner at BOG 16:45pm) Cancel this BoG (unless you absolutely must meet the Beast)
Day 11 - Epcot day (Coral Reef early lunch 11:50) Mickeys back yard BBQ dinner 17:30 I wouldn't do both of these same day. I'm not a fan of either of these to be honest, but keep the one that will appeal most to your family.
Day 12 - MK 8am BB Boutique / Bfast BOG 9:30am/ Dinner 17:30 CRT
Day 13 - Discovery Cove
Day 14 - HS day / Ohana dinner 18:45
Day 15 - AK day / Saana dinner 17:50
Day 16 - Typhoon lagoon day / Epcot fireworks (Yachtsman dinner)
Day 17 - HS day and fireworks (Hollywood and Vine Holiday dine booked for fantastic 12:55pm) H&V gets bad reviews on here, although none of the HS options are great IMO
Day 18 - Bfast Trattoria al Forno 10am Pool Day /Beaches and Cream 1:30pm / MVMCP Cancel this breakfast
Day 19 - MK / California Grill dinner 7:30
Day 20 - DSprings / flight home

ETA: I'd also move around your days a bit if you can, as you have two pool days in a row. You'd be better spacing them out a bit to use as park recovery time.
Thank you Ruth!
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
We've been twice at Halloween. One year we did MNSSHP on Halloween, another time we went to Disney Springs. Both were great!

Absolutely love Celebration as a place to visit, but I've never been there on Halloween so can't comment.

What type of food do you all enjoy and I'll have a think for other suggestions
My husband and I are real foodies (in terms of variety and quality rather than quantity) but I struggle to eat three courses. We particularly love seafood. I am however trying to balance this with us having three young children so we have focused on making it magical for them - hence so many character dines. We want to try to achieve the right balance.

We booked both parties which is limiting us a bit. I just couldn't resist as I love Christmas so much, in case we don't go this time of year again x
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OK sorry to throw a spanner in the works but if you are foodies you definitely need to ditch the Backyard Bbq and Hollywood & Vine and Askerhaus and perhaps check out the menus at Flying Fish or Naroossees. You will love the Epcot resort area. The MVMCP is on our must do list when we're no longer limited by school holidays!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
OK sorry to throw a spanner in the works but if you are foodies you definitely need to ditch the Backyard Bbq and Hollywood & Vine and Askerhaus and perhaps check out the menus at Flying Fish or Naroossees. You will love the Epcot resort area. The MVMCP is on our must do list when we're no longer limited by school holidays!
Thank you!