Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Love the idea of the food report pics before you even go!

And as far as I can remember you can order anything up to the value of the rooty tooty breakfast as your freebie at IHOP.
Basically I was going through old reports to do my list of 'must dos' for this time and thought i'll get started.

Yes like you we've found server will usually knock rooty tooty price off even if you pick something else, so a $6 ish saving.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I thought you'd feature First Watch! Wonder if Cracker Barrel will make your list too?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Last few breakfasts To be decided

The Kitchen Hard Rock Hotel

Has anyone done The Kitchen Tuesday character breakfast buffet at the Hard Rock Hotel? I'm wondering about doing one buffet as a buffet breakfast is always popular with DD and DH and no disney buffets this time.

Perkins

Not been for a few years. We usually have the omelettes that come with pancakes or a muffin.

DD usually breaks with choc chip pancake tradition and has the rainbow sprinkles pancakes here

20% off for joining their email club and they are currently emailing coupons for Buy One Get One Free on a Wednesday (valid all day not just breakfast). Some locations have a free slice of a dessert pie for lunch or dinner on a Monday.

Friendly's

We enjoyed our breakfast here last time. The cinnamon bun pancakes were lovely.

Again DD branched out and had the m & m kids pancakes

DH had a breakfast needing 3 plates ...

25% off for joining the email club. Plus usually a money offer deal for next time on the receipt if you eat there again. There is a 50% off breakfast deal currently on the website for Monday to Friday but this wasn't valid at the International Drive one when we went. We thought it was great value, above inc drinks was $20.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
I thought you'd feature First Watch! Wonder if Cracker Barrel will make your list too?
What do you recommend there? I'm tempted by lots of things but then the carrot cake pancake is gorgeous and something I can only have there.

I love cracker barrel (Mommas pancake breakfast) but none near us at Universal. I bought some pancake mix for home when we were at disney but didn't make it for breakfast due to ddp.
Old 27 Jul 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Possible breakfast list continued

Cracker Barrel

We enjoy it here but i'm struggling to shoehorn it in the plans as there isn't one near Universal

No discounts but good value. i also like to buy a box of the pancake mix to bring home.

My choice is mommas pancake breakfast.Love a breakfast that comes with a main and dessert! This is the cinnamon apple version, also like the cherry

Love the little bottles of syrup too

Old 27 Jul 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Bob Evans

Likewise we and DH especially like a Bob Evans breakfast but none near Universal

Bob is also good for a coupon or two as well. Always emailing offers.

We usually have omelettes here

And a kids brekkie

Old 27 Jul 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Possible breakfasts continued..

Village Inn

On Westwood boulevard near Seaworld. We usually go once a trip. it's not fancy but hits the spot. We usually go once for dinner but lots of breakfast options too. They accept kids eat free card. On a wednesday free slice of dessert pie for lunch or dinner. Sometimes the email club sends $5 off too. As usual you can only use one offer at a time eg on a Wednesday free pie is a better deal than kids eat free.

DD likes it here as you can have breakfast for dinner.

DH likes their breakfast skillets

DD was 5 on this photo

Old 27 Jul 17, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Peach Valley Cafe

Last but not least a locals choice on Dr Phillips. We've been a couple of times. Again never really hear of it mentioned on the dibb.

Both times we had a BOGOF coupon emailed from the email club.

I've read some reports that it has gone downhill so probably won't make the cut. Anyone been recently?

This was their signature breakfast a Valley fiesta. They also do fried chicken and waffles, which looked good last time we were there

Edited at 12:52 AM.
Old 27 Jul 17, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Great, can't wait for it to start , I love your food reports and have enjoyed a few new places because of your recommendations! Really looking forward to it especially as we are having a sneaky budget trip in November xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Great, can't wait for it to start , I love your food reports and have enjoyed a few new places because of your recommendations! Really looking forward to it especially as we are having a sneaky budget trip in November xxx
Thank you