Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Nov 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
That first meme 😁. So funny.

A long drive for you on this day but how lovely to be able to hook your gran up for a chat with her son!

That potato soup looks yum!
Lol, definitely a rookie error there on my part !
It was so lovely to be able to do the family thing. Nice to make memories like that.

Ah, the soup, just sounds plain wrong but totally delish !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh wow I got choked up just reading about the reunion between your uncle, Dad and Gran so I can only imagine how emotional it was for you! How lovely that you made it happen
A town called Hope! That's my daughters name, she would be made up to go there
Lots of driving done today but what a fab car you've got!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

I love when vacation can coincide with seeing family. It was especially nice for you to include a Skype session for your Uncle.

The spaghetti bowls of Dallas traffic can be so frustrating! I once kept missing an exit in Houston and had to pay the same toll 3 times while I circled trying to figure it out. And my Dad likes to tell the story of how he took a quick nap on I35 heading to Oklahoma City and woke up with my Mom heading to Amarillo. The roads are so clearly marked I can't see how that happens!

That potato soup looks wonderful! I love sour cream in lots of soups and chilis, so maybe it is an American thing?
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh wow I got choked up just reading about the reunion between your uncle, Dad and Gran so I can only imagine how emotional it was for you! How lovely that you made it happen
A town called Hope! That's my daughters name, she would be made up to go there
Lots of driving done today but what a fab car you've got!
Yes Andy loved that car ! It was so good to hook the family up - its a shame we haven't been close enough to do it before. I hope we get the chance to do it again another time.
There were some great names - Hope and Friendship were my favourites. Such a neat address to have.

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
I love when vacation can coincide with seeing family. It was especially nice for you to include a Skype session for your Uncle.

The spaghetti bowls of Dallas traffic can be so frustrating! I once kept missing an exit in Houston and had to pay the same toll 3 times while I circled trying to figure it out. And my Dad likes to tell the story of how he took a quick nap on I35 heading to Oklahoma City and woke up with my Mom heading to Amarillo. The roads are so clearly marked I can't see how that happens!

That potato soup looks wonderful! I love sour cream in lots of soups and chilis, so maybe it is an American thing?
That Dallas freeway really was a nightmare, the signs came up so fast and there was so much traffic we couldn't get over quick enough to exit and the satnav just kept going round in circles. That is a funny story about your parents though - the signs are a bit of a clue

I like sour cream too - It was just a bit odd it was such a huge dollop that it made the middle of the soup a bit cold. Maybe I should have stirred it in when I first got it.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Why am I getting such an ominous feeling about what’s to come for you?

How lovely for your uncle and gran to reconnect like that.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh no to the spinning room. A bit of a stressful journey but how lovely you got to see family and the beauty of technology allowed the rest of your family to talk to each other over the pond.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Why am I getting such an ominous feeling about what’s to come for you?

How lovely for your uncle and gran to reconnect like that.
C
Yeah Hilton went right down in our view. Can you believe we got back to find the Hilton in Washington also charged us some extras almost exactly a YEAR after our 2016 stay due to an error on their part ... Not using that chain again

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Oh no to the spinning room. A bit of a stressful journey but how lovely you got to see family and the beauty of technology allowed the rest of your family to talk to each other over the pond.
It was a wonderful moment