Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Mar 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Cover his mouth! That made me laugh and also wince! I understand your reasoning and I do always insist on some fear-facing, but I've not reached your hardcore levels.

I've done some hunting myself and it's a DLP attraction pin (phew, we're not falsely claiming galactic hero status after all!).

We really wanted the IASW and BTM attraction pins too but couldn't find any there. It's a lovely range, I could've bought them all!
Thanks for checking on the pin - that is going on my list!

Hardcore! Love it! I'm as hard as blancmange, me. But I know how boys are, too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Hardcore! Love it! I'm as hard as blancmange, me. But I know how boys are, too.
You inspired me April, and on Saturday Heath finally did a big ride at Chessington! Got him on Kobra and he didn't even cry

He was so proud of himself. Mark refused to come on with us as he thought it was going to be a disaster It was lovely to have a little ride buddy, here's to forcing him on many more big rides in the future

(And how rubbish are other theme parks once you've done Disney?! I know they can't really be compared as they're a fraction of the price, but oh dear, what a comedown for us!)
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

You inspired me April, and on Saturday Heath finally did a big ride at Chessington! Got him on Kobra and he didn't even cry

He was so proud of himself. Mark refused to come on with us as he thought it was going to be a disaster It was lovely to have a little ride buddy, here's to forcing him on many more big rides in the future

(And how rubbish are other theme parks once you've done Disney?! I know they can't really be compared as they're a fraction of the price, but oh dear, what a comedown for us!)
Well done, little man!

And well done, you! Being hard as nails feels good, doesn't it?

...wait 'til you hear him talk to another lad about it...then you will feel properly smug.

Hehe...your husband...R.C. just wusses out of those conversations by saying things like, "Boy, you know perfectly well I've no idea about Disneyland. You'd best listen to your mother."

Not to overthink this (MOI? OVERTHINK?)...but I think when you only have one son...you have to consider things that you wouldn't if you had a whole passel of 'em. I try and ask myself, "If Poot had an older brother...would he do (whatever) to impress HIM?" And if the answer is "Yes" - then I usually make him do it.

Having said all that...I have a (male) cousin who's an only child. He's 56 - a lawyer - and still lives with my aunt. So that probably colours my thinking on this matter, too...

You are totally right about English theme parks. Though "Driving School" and "Boating School" at LEGOLAND are probably the best two rides for little boys I've ever seen ANYWHERE. The first time we went, I couldn't believe they didn't have tracks or guiderails - I couldn't believe we were in England!
Old 12 Mar 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Well done, little man!

And well done, you! Being hard as nails feels good, doesn't it?

...wait 'til you hear him talk to another lad about it...then you will feel properly smug.

Hehe...your husband...R.C. just wusses out of those conversations by saying things like, "Boy, you know perfectly well I've no idea about Disneyland. You'd best listen to your mother."

Not to overthink this (MOI? OVERTHINK?)...but I think when you only have one son...you have to consider things that you wouldn't if you had a whole passel of 'em. I try and ask myself, "If Poot had an older brother...would he do (whatever) to impress HIM?" And if the answer is "Yes" - then I usually make him do it.

Having said all that...I have a (male) cousin who's an only child. He's 56 - a lawyer - and still lives with my aunt. So that probably colours my thinking on this matter, too...

You are totally right about English theme parks. Though "Driving School" and "Boating School" at LEGOLAND are probably the best two rides for little boys I've ever seen ANYWHERE. The first time we went, I couldn't believe they didn't have tracks or guiderails - I couldn't believe we were in England!
Heath's favourite thing at Legoland is driving through the red lights at Driving School Constantly amazes me that it's not full blown carnage there!

There is a strangely high proportion of only children in my office and they're (mostly) quite nice and normal which helped reassure me when worrying about all the negative stereotypes but yes, I think he would be more physically confident if he was constantly tussling with siblings! He's hugely into his football now though and that seems to have made a big difference.

I find we expect a lot from him...which is good, but we do sometimes forget he's just a little six-year-old! There's always something to worry about as a parent of course.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Another busy day.

By sending the boys off for FastPasses while you ride the coasters you are getting loads done.

It's a shame about those fences around the Cars character models (I noticed it on the pervious day too), I guess it is to stop people climbing on them, but it spoils the look a little.

I do like how they have characters wandering around DLP, though it can get a bit tense when you are trying to jump in - especially as we didn't have a child with us! You don't want to push in front of a child, but it can be frustrating if people don't take turns properly, haha.

Those are great photos of the anniversary show in front of the castle. I love the characters special spangly outfits.

The Wild West Show looks so much fun. The picture of Heath cheering along in his cowboy hat is adorable. How exciting to be chosen to participate in the show. Well done for cheering your team to victory!

Good to hear the food is decent here and they aren't too stingy with the refills. One for the DLP list I think!

Haha,my Mum maintained that we did theme parks wrong as although we did Chessington when I was tiny and it was still mostly a zoo (I don't remember it), we really Disneyland Paris first, then Walt Disney World, then I did Thorpe Park and Chessington with School and we did Alton Towers as a family.
Like me, she doesn't like when you see the ride tracks and prefers the theming at Disney. Once you do Disney everywhere else just isn't quite at the same level (imho).

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Forgot to say, I LOVE that the CM turned the randoms in your ride photo into rebel pilots.
This should be an option for all ride photos - pirate skeletons in Pirates of the Caribbean, maybe cowboys or something on Big Thunder, Divers on Crush/Nemo...

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Forgot to say, I LOVE that the CM turned the randoms in your ride photo into rebel pilots.
This should be an option for all ride photos - pirate skeletons in Pirates of the Caribbean, maybe cowboys or something on Big Thunder, Divers on Crush/Nemo...
Yes! Great idea. Much nicer than having strangers in your photos!

So lucky to be part of the wild west show, that was a fab night.
Old 15 May 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooh! I want a scary hitchhiker covering up the random on Test Track!

Old 17 May 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooh! I want a scary hitchhiker covering up the random on Test Track!

Great idea... or even a racing driver would be ok.

I find it so odd that it is 6 to a car on Test Track as you are pretty much guaranteed randoms.
It's part of the reason I wish they did a photo on haunted mansion with the hitchhiking ghost, it's just 2-3 in the Doom Buggy and you'll get a nice photo!

Old 17 May 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Great idea... or even a racing driver would be ok.

I find it so odd that it is 6 to a car on Test Track as you are pretty much guaranteed randoms.
It's part of the reason I wish they did a photo on haunted mansion with the hitchhiking ghost, it's just 2-3 in the Doom Buggy and you'll get a nice photo!
Disney could shuffle the paste-ins - you could have a hitchhiker on your first ride, the racing driver on your second...and then, perhaps, for those of us old enough to remember...

🎼 He's Toonces, the driving cat

The cat who can drive a car

He drives around

All over the town

He's Toonces

The driving cat!

🎼

On the rare occasion that R.C. is at the parks with us, it's lovely to have a three-seater - but when it's just Poot and me...not so much. Bring on Toonces!