Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Mar 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile Disney annual pass

Hi,

So a couple of months ago we purchased platinum passes for Disney for the first time, exciting! Had to buy them over the phone as couldn’t get the payment to go through on the website. The lady was really helpful and I added them to MDE while on the phone and all was ok.

Our May trip will be the first time using them and I’m sure the lady on the phone said we would get emailed a certificate and would have to activate them at will call on our first Park day but we’ve never received a certificate! Is that right?

Can anyone with APs tell me how it works exactly on your first park visit using them?
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Have you received an email confirming your purchase? If so you should take that email and some ID and the credit card you used to a ticket booth just outside any Disney park and they will give you your annual passes. As you reach the entrance to the park and tap the pass against a ticket scanner and give your finger print the passes will activate for the year ahead. We collected ours from Magic Kingdom and then went to another ticket office alongside the Hall of Presidents to collect our free magic bands which were paired for us.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ShopandRide
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Stringaa View Post
Hi,

So a couple of months ago we purchased platinum passes for Disney for the first time, exciting! Had to buy them over the phone as couldn’t get the payment to go through on the website. The lady was really helpful and I added them to MDE while on the phone and all was ok.

Our May trip will be the first time using them and I’m sure the lady on the phone said we would get emailed a certificate and would have to activate them at will call on our first Park day but we’ve never received a certificate! Is that right?

Can anyone with APs tell me how it works exactly on your first park visit using them?
I also recently purchased annual passes, but via the WDW website, whilst logged into my MDE account & I did receive a confirmation e-mail with a bar code for scanning that I was advised to take to any WDW Will Call ticket location to exchange for the actual passes. The tickets showed up on my account instantly & I just had to link them to each of our profiles. I really don't think there will be a problem if you can see the tickets on your MDE account, but you could maybe e-mail Customer Services to ask if a confirmation mail could be sent/resent as this may save time when you go to collect the passes.
ShopandRide is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hmm no I never received a confirmation email with a barcode. The only email I got was the automatic one when I added the AP onto MDE saying it had been added successfully.

Like you said I’m sure that will be fine to collect them with but I’d rather have the confirmation email as well just in case. Don’t want to get there and have issues after we’ve spent all that money! I assume they would be able to resend if I contact them?
Stringaa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So I just got this response from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so happy to hear you are part of our Annual Passholder Family!

If you have your annual passes on your account already and MagicBands you will not need the certification emailed to you. You will still have to stop at will call to get your Annual Pass Cards. You will just show them your ID and the credit card you paid with!

I’m still a bit uneasy about turning up without email confirmation/certificate but I guess I have that email as proof if they dispute it.
Old 15 Mar 18, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ShopandRide
Helping Mickey

So I just got this response from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so happy to hear you are part of our Annual Passholder Family!

If you have your annual passes on your account already and MagicBands you will not need the certification emailed to you. You will still have to stop at will call to get your Annual Pass Cards. You will just show them your ID and the credit card you paid with!

I’m still a bit uneasy about turning up without email confirmation/certificate but I guess I have that email as proof if they dispute it.
Yes & if you can see them on your MDE account & have been able to link them, I'm sure there won't be a problem proving that you have bought them. Having the e-mail with the bar code might just make it easier for Will Call to find the details? Can see from your countdown that I am going before you, so will enquire when I pick our AP's up if not having the e-mail will cause any problems & let you know what they say on here.
ShopandRide is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShopandRide View Post
Yes & if you can see them on your MDE account & have been able to link them, I'm sure there won't be a problem proving that you have bought them. Having the e-mail with the bar code might just make it easier for Will Call to find the details? Can see from your countdown that I am going before you, so will enquire when I pick our AP's up if not having the e-mail will cause any problems & let you know what they say on here.
That would be great and much appreciated if you could find out!

Thank you 😊
Old 18 Apr 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ShopandRide
Helping Mickey

That would be great and much appreciated if you could find out!

Thank you 😊
Hi Stringaa. Just to let you know that we picked up our AP's at one of the EPCOT ticket booths on our first day here in Orlando without any problem. I asked the CM who served us if there would be any problem with you not having the barcode confirmation & she said no - so long as you have the reservation reference you will be fine. Being able to scan the barcode just makes it easier for them to retrieve it from the system. I will, however tell you that she could only give us the plastic passes. Contrary to what I had previously been told, the complimentary magic bands can only be picked up from the AP ticket office next door to the House of Presidents at MK, but you can use the plastic cards instead - you just won't get any ride videos till you have the MB's. Just an additional heads up, in that whilst the Flower & Garden fest is on at EPCOT, every AP holder is entitled to receive a free fridge magnet & you can also get a priority seating wristband each day for one of the Garden Rocks concerts in the America Gardens Theatre. These can be collected from the concourse behind Club Cool. Also, if you want to use your 20% discount in any of the Disney merchandise outlets, you are asked for both your plastic card pass & photo ID. Hope all this helps - have a great holiday!
Old 18 Apr 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Stringaa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShopandRide View Post
Hi Stringaa. Just to let you know that we picked up our AP's at one of the EPCOT ticket booths on our first day here in Orlando without any problem. I asked the CM who served us if there would be any problem with you not having the barcode confirmation & she said no - so long as you have the reservation reference you will be fine. Being able to scan the barcode just makes it easier for them to retrieve it from the system. I will, however tell you that she could only give us the plastic passes. Contrary to what I had previously been told, the complimentary magic bands can only be picked up from the AP ticket office next door to the House of Presidents at MK, but you can use the plastic cards instead - you just won't get any ride videos till you have the MB's. Just an additional heads up, in that whilst the Flower & Garden fest is on at EPCOT, every AP holder is entitled to receive a free fridge magnet & you can also get a priority seating wristband each day for one of the Garden Rocks concerts in the America Gardens Theatre. These can be collected from the concourse behind Club Cool. Also, if you want to use your 20% discount in any of the Disney merchandise outlets, you are asked for both your plastic card pass & photo ID. Hope all this helps - have a great holiday!
Thank you so much for finding that out! Really appreciate it.

Only issue is I don’t think I ever received the reservation reference either? When I bought them over the phone the lady read out both of the AP numbers and I added them onto MDE there and then. I never received any sort of email or confirmation with a barcode or reference etc.

I’m hoping just the credit card I used to purchase them and ID will suffice, and also the fact they are on MDE and I’ve used them to book fast passes.
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ShopandRide
Helping Mickey

Yes, if you can see them on your MDE I'm sure it will be fine. It just sounded like the e-mail with the bar code made it easier for them to trace your booking. Don't worry about it & just look forward to your holiday! We had a lovely day at AK yesterday. Despite all best efforts we didn't get a FP for FOP but standby queue went down to 80 mins at lunchtime which wasn't too painful & was definitely worth it, even though it was our 2nd time.