Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Mar 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

‘New York’ spending money for 4 days? Advice please.

Hi, if it was Florida I’d have the answer but unfortunately having not been to NY for over 15 years I’m a bit out of touch with prices etc. So calling on dibbers for any advice, tips etc! It’s just me and my two girls so was thinking of Starbucks/Panera or similar for breakfast? Then a dinner at night and no idea for lunch! Then a bit of shopping on top and might pre-bk a couple of sightseeing in UK? I need to allow $150 for taxi from/to airport. I don’t have a clue how much we’ll need so need an idea for lowest to highest amount suggested to take. Thanku all, any advice welcome ☺️

Holiday Inn LBV 2000, Cancun 2000, DLP Disneyland Hotel 2002, Atlantis-Bahamas 2002, Wyndham Orlando 2003, Sheraton Safari 2004, 2006, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside 2007,2009,2010,2011,2013 & 2014 & 1nt.at Y&BC & CR, New York 2018, DLP Sequoia Lodge 2024.
Hallowishes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
Hi, if it was Florida I’d have the answer but unfortunately having not been to NY for over 15 years I’m a bit out of touch with prices etc. So calling on dibbers for any advice, tips etc! It’s just me and my two girls so was thinking of Starbucks/Panera or similar for breakfast? Then a dinner at night and no idea for lunch! Then a bit of shopping on top and might pre-bk a couple of sightseeing in UK? I need to allow $150 for taxi from/to airport. I don’t have a clue how much we’ll need so need an idea for lowest to highest amount suggested to take. Thanku all, any advice welcome ☺️
I've got no idea for our upcoming trip either so I'm going with £150 (2 x Adult, 1x 14 YO girl) a day for food and drinks. I think that will cover it as we have booked a hotel with breakfast included - so I intend to stuff mysefl stupid before I leave the hotel!

I'm hoping it will be less than £150, but I'm not counting on it!
Old 12 Mar 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We found New York very expensive for food last year for our stay. We ate at places like Shake Shack and Applebees to keep costs down but still found meals for 3 of us between $50-80. Drinks were very expensive too, whether alcoholic or soft drinks. Plus we visited in July so it was very hot and we needed drinks to stay cool.

Our hotel had a buffet included in the resort fee $35 per night, which meant we could eat free snacks and alcohol/soft drinks between 5-7 each evening which kept us on budget of $150 per day. We aren't big breakfast eaters so Starbucks was fine for breakfast. But we didn't eat anywhere fancy.

We bought a subway card each which we used for places that were too far too walk. I think it cost around $150 for Uber xl transfers to and from JFK. We bought a 5 attraction pass for each of us before we went which meant most attractions were covered in advance. We paid to go into Central Park zoo which was only around $15 each. We did a little shopping in the July 4th sales, had some good bargains in H&M etc. We had a wonderful time but it is an expensive city
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Am interested in this too as I'm taking my two daughters 10 & 12 in May for a surprise Birthday treat.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
I've got no idea for our upcoming trip either so I'm going with £150 (2 x Adult, 1x 14 YO girl) a day for food and drinks. I think that will cover it as we have booked a hotel with breakfast included - so I intend to stuff mysefl stupid before I leave the hotel!

I'm hoping it will be less than £150, but I'm not counting on it!
Haha, yes me too, I was thinking around $150 a day but there’s so many stores we want to visit! 😳😆

Holiday Inn LBV 2000, Cancun 2000, DLP Disneyland Hotel 2002, Atlantis-Bahamas 2002, Wyndham Orlando 2003, Sheraton Safari 2004, 2006, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside 2007,2009,2010,2011,2013 & 2014 & 1nt.at Y&BC & CR, New York 2018, DLP Sequoia Lodge 2024.
Hallowishes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We found New York very expensive for food last year for our stay. We ate at places like Shake Shack and Applebees to keep costs down but still found meals for 3 of us between $50-80. Drinks were very expensive too, whether alcoholic or soft drinks. Plus we visited in July so it was very hot and we needed drinks to stay cool.

Our hotel had a buffet included in the resort fee $35 per night, which meant we could eat free snacks and alcohol/soft drinks between 5-7 each evening which kept us on budget of $150 per day. We aren't big breakfast eaters so Starbucks was fine for breakfast. But we didn't eat anywhere fancy.

We bought a subway card each which we used for places that were too far too walk. I think it cost around $150 for Uber xl transfers to and from JFK. We bought a 5 attraction pass for each of us before we went which meant most attractions were covered in advance. We paid to go into Central Park zoo which was only around $15 each. We did a little shopping in the July 4th sales, had some good bargains in H&M etc. We had a wonderful time but it is an expensive city
Thankyou very much for all the info, I was thinking of trying to do Hard Rock Cafe for my daughters birthday but I’m guessing that’s way over budget?! 😆 I’ve been looking at different places to eat dinner and we’ve all said we definitely want to do Shake Shack, which one did you visit?

Old 12 Mar 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Am interested in this too as I'm taking my two daughters 10 & 12 in May for a surprise Birthday treat.
Me too! Only we’re in April for a birthday surprise. My daughters are the same age so if there’s anything you need to know when we get back just ask!

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Old 12 Mar 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Me too! Only we’re in April for a birthday surprise. My daughters are the same age so if there’s anything you need to know when we get back just ask!
Brilliant, thanks. Let me know how it goes, I'll keep a look out for your posts! I'm a bit nervous as we usually do the USA as a family! I'll miss my boys! Enjoy x
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Brilliant, thanks. Let me know how it goes, I'll keep a look out for your posts! I'm a bit nervous as we usually do the USA as a family! I'll miss my boys! Enjoy x
Thanks, and us, done everything as a family and first time leaving my boys but I know they’d hate the shopping 😏😆 Just going to have to bring them all a present to make up for it!

Old 12 Mar 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We was only talking about this, this weekend. There's just the two of us and I'm estimating around £100 a day for food, maybe a little more. It will be our third visit and we want a less hectic visit and have yet to get a plan together of what we want to see and do.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List