Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Mar 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bruce
Apprentice Imagineer

Grocery Delivery to DVC Resort?

Has anybody made a pre-order from a local supermarket to be delivered direct to your DVC resort?

If so can this be done in advance, and how will this work if I don't know my room number at time of ordering?

Also, any idea who I use for this (staying at BCV)?

TIA
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I use Garden Grocer- it isn't the cheapest but a lot cheaper than buying stuff in Disney and the service is impeccable.
Bell services hold it for you and even refrigerate everything.
Order it for the day you arrive and when you arrive they will bring it to your room. Otherwise you would have to go and get it when it comes.
Edit - also the earlier you put your order in, the bigger the discount which reminds me to sort mine.
Edit- given huge price inflation by Garden Grocer, see below, I'm now trying Instacart.

Edited at 08:59 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Like Yorkshire T we use garden grocer and again like him I need to do it now

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I went on to order with Garden Grocer and did a bit of research. I saw many people raving about Instacart. This essentially is linked to Publix supermarket. Garden Grocer also shop at Publix.
Anyway, I did a test basket at each and the price difference was massive . $170 Garden Grocer , $100 ish Instacart for exactly the same stuff.
Alcohol has apparently become a problem at both, both needing a signature (Garden Grocer did just deliver), albeit GG apparently accept an emailed driving license. Instacart need a signature.
I'd prefer with both to have it delivered before I'm there and Bell services store it all and refrigerate it as necessary.
So I've decided to give Instacart a try as Garden Grocer is simply inflating the food prices by 70% for the same stuff.
You can only shop with Instacart 5 days before, but there were tons of delivery slots every day even now and I could have had it delivered today, tomorrow etc. Given its Easter and Disney is packed there doesn't appear to be any problems getting slots.
I'm dropping the beer from the order and I plan to walk over to the Speedway garage opposite Boardwalk to get my Yeunglings
Old 1 Apr 18, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Calculator
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Does anybody know if its possible for Brits to use Amazon for groceries for an overseas address?
Calculator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Calculator View Post
Does anybody know if its possible for Brits to use Amazon for groceries for an overseas address?
Just sign up for a free Amazon US Prime account before you go when you order. Last year I discovered my camera battery was dead the day before setting off for NYC. Couldn't get one in a physical shop, so ordered on Amazon Prime with free trial account and had it delivered to hotel.
Old 1 Apr 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Never heard of instacart Yorkshire T could
you let me know how you get on , we go in July

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm going to use Garden Grocer for the first time ever when I go in three weeks, the reviews over the years here show they offer a reliable service. We only order water and soda which is still much cheaper than the prices in Disney. I believe a small coke is around the three dollar mark there now and water not far behind.

The prices stack up times two over a two week period.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Never heard of instacart Yorkshire T could
you let me know how you get on , we go in July
Hi Ali

Unfortunately we don't go until 21 July so I won't be able to report back until then. They seem to get good reviews from what I have seen- it is a large US company nationwide so I don't think there will be a problem.

Given the savings, I think it is worth trying I will report back here.

I don't mind paying for a service, and have had similar good experiences with Garden Grocer, but when they are charging 70% mark up on the groceries and then an extra $10 delivery over instacart, I'd expect them for $80 extra to compared to Instacart to come in, put it all away, and perhaps even give me a shoulder massage. They cannot justify the prices anymore- they could when it was only them and dizzy dolphin but I suspect people don't realise how much mark up they were putting on the food- which is now obvious.

Also apparently Safeway deliver as well and they are getting good reviews, Amazon Prime as well, but they have less stuff.

Edit - Oh and you can also get No-Ad SPF 30 sun cream from Instacart as well for $8 for a big bottle- the best sun cream known to us. £18 on Amazon UK.

Edited at 04:00 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We used Beth from Fairytaleshopper.com. She went to Walmart and picked up everything we asked for then delivered it to the resort when we arrived. She had also taken parcels for us and ordered something online as we hadn’t been able to. She did this all for an inclusive fee of $15! She was lovely too and we’re using her again for our next trip.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List